Anyone try the new Coca Cola Zero?

by Elsewhere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Greendawn,

I could be way off topic, I think I am, but I noticed when I went to Europe that I paid an arm and a leg for good food that here is so inexpensive. But in France I bought wine for the equivelant of a dollar. The same bottle here is 10 to 15 dollars. Then I wanted bottled water and had to pay close to 8-10 dollars for a bottle. I ended up staying toasted the whole time.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

I understand what you are saying Sparkplug. My kids are young (6 and 2), so it's easy for my wife and I to feed them healthy food, and give them healthy drinks. My neices, nephews and my wife's 12 year old brother are a different story. They don't like coming here and eating the food that we eat.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sparkplug it all depends where you buy your food there are good discount supermarkets that have top quality food and drink going quite cheap. I buy mineral water six 1.5L bottles for equivalent of $2.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

3rd eye. I actually have raised my kiddos to eat what I prepare, so they are no stranger to tofu and wheat germ and all the crazy foods I get into. They love sushi and are very open. I am proud of them. My littlest had a sitter that is vegan, so she does not like to eat meat. She is just shy of 5 yrs old. It is just keeping the oldest in qty. By the way, on their own the two oldest switched to diet sodas lately. The youngest we are working on a no sugar diet, but when she goes visiting people feel sorry for her and rush to give her sugar.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

I don't understand why people are so quick to push sugar on children. Then they wonder why the kids are out of control, and bouncing off the walls 10 minutes later. My wife has a day care center, and one of the parents wanted to give the kids a treat. She brought Kit Kats and Snickers. At my son's school last year , his teacher would constantly give out candy as rewards for good behavior.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Coca Cola's last release in the UK was a big flop. It turned out their bottled water was no more than our Englash tap water with a contaminent added which was dangerous to health!!! It was all pulled from the shelves and I don't think it was seen again! What a complete and utter cock-up it was.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

greendawn: You say you can buy fruit juice for about $1 a liter. There are roughly 4 liters to a gallon, which is fairly equivalent then to $4 a gallon. So it would appear the prices are much the same. You had your equation backwards "I think 1L = 3.7 US gallons".

And yes, I don't buy real juices often because of their expensiveness, which is not helped by the fact that my wife is very picky about juice, she will not drink oj which contains pulp. There are generic brands of oj which are very cheap, but only the name-brands have the no pulp varieties. Also, when I do buy oj, I always get the kind which has added calcium, which my wife finds annoying but I do it anyway out of concern for her health, she never drinks milk and I know about the concerns for women of osteoperosis (sp?) later in life.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I have it and think it's pretty good. Doesn't taste diet at all.
    My favorite lately has been Sprite Zero.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

greendawn,

I think 1L = 3.7 US gallons.

No no - a liter is what Americans call "a quart and a gulp," so there are just under 4 liters to the U.S. gallon.

gently ("We wear those colors, dear; we don't eat them") feral

• ballistic
    ballistic

So, when are the Americans gunna get with it and take up metric? You could call them "freedom litres" or something like that? ouch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit