Experience being 'out of the loop' of helpful information in the cong.

by out of the box 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• out of the box
    out of the box

toladest, Yes, we all got counceling and the most effective therapy was freedom! And, he fullly understood that there were adults NOT doing their job of protecting the younger ones that made that possible. And he had the power to control HIS life and we could help him grow in strength. We became more and more free of the bondage of the cong. That in itself was so healing! We were not crushed, we continued on. There were more things wrong with that cong than I am sure I ever knew.

I certainly am grateful that you posted your expierience here. I have myself been a victim of sexual abuse within the org.

I am so sorry this happened to you! I cannot imagine what you have gone through! The fact that you wrote you were grateful I posted that experience here for you so that you could relate makes coming to this board worth it! I feel so good about posting here! I can see the anger still left inside you. Mine is gone, I only have sympathy now for a lost herd of sheep that were in that cong.

I wish the best for you and your continued success in achieving your goals for a more free soul!

dorayakaii,

in light of the cold, non-communicative relationship

Maybe that is where you learned 'distancing' for yourself. And because of the detachment to your father, you have learned to play the 'cold' part very well! I mean being amongst the sheep and inside being different. You are not cold, but you play cool. Interesting! What are you protecting? I wonder if it is possible to be a good JW and be REAL? I could not.

Questions from Readers in the 1972 Jan 1 Watchtower. Anal sex does not constitute adultry because the two individuals do not become "one-flesh" there is therefore no reason for divorce... Fantastic reasoning...

Again, dorayakaii, you have given me a lead into my next story! I will use that as a spring board into telling a story that was soon to take place after our 'sleep over ordeal'!

nicolou, Thank you, and now my two oldest are great parents! They spoil their kids, take them everywhere with them, and they do not leave their side! I have wonderful grandchildren that are alive, inquisitive and can talk to all of us about ANYTHING and we don't mind! They are safe because they are not growing up in the borg and we will make sure they don't!

out of the box

• out of the box
    out of the box

There were so many good coments that it is hard to acknowledge them all.

elsewhere, I agree, the subculture was indeed 'dirty' and more importantly imposing and dominant and I feel very 'worldly' in deed.

stillajwexelder, you feel elder kids are singled out, then your kids know humility and they don't impose on others. Give them permission to have a little backbone and you will save their lives!

greendawn, one must ask; Is Jehovah's spirit really with the org? If so where?

Sunspot, Annie, Yah, made me sick at the time too. And funny part, I am sure when we stopped going to the meetings and started to fade away after the series of events that followed, I am sure the discussion in the gossip ring was that 'Jah was weeding out'!

thom, I agree that the org cared only for it's own appearance after all it is the 'collective' that matters, though they do not tell you that and at the expense of the individual.

GoingGoingGone, Yes that 'lull' is actually lack of sleep, brain death due to constant brainwashing and a feeling of low self-esteem. Thanks for asking about us now, we are all doing great!

rebel8 I agree that boy needed help and a different mother!

nicolaou, Thanks, I am a survivor and now so are my grown children and their children. We became stronger with that which did not kill us.

Thank you for the opportunity to post here, and for all the great comments and support! I am constantly blown away by the participation I see here!

out of the box

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit