More fluff, how many remotes does it take to watch TV?

by wanderlustguy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I have 3 here, counting the one for the XBox DVD. One for the cable box, and another for the TV because it's a Dish Network flatscreen and they don't share all the codes with the Time Warner remote.

I know...makes no sense.

WLG

• burnieschick
    burnieschick

It doesn't matter how many remotes we have, the dog still eats them!

Last count was 4: TV, DVD Player, Video and a multi-remote for emergencies (when you can't find any of the others).

• talesin
    talesin

Well, my XBox got confiscated last week.

(that means the friend that loaned it to me took it back)

So, I have 3... tv, vcr and dvd ... but I have 'poverty tv' (no cable) so only the 3 local channels,,, hooray for DVDs!!!!

tal

• burnieschick
    burnieschick

How comes only 3 channels talesin?

• talesin
    talesin

Well, I don't have cable, just 'rabbit ears', so I get CBC, CTV, and Global, the 3 Cdn. national networks... we call it 'poverty-vision'.... LOL!

t

• burnieschick
    burnieschick

Ah, that explains it...I thought you were in Uk!

• talesin
    talesin

Ah, yes,,, check my profile, ,, the flag is a solidarity thing .... One Britain, One World....

t

• burnieschick
    burnieschick

Got it. For a moment, I thought I wasn't the only Brit crazy enough to be awake at this hour!! lol

• talesin
    talesin

LOL! it's 1:30 here, I'm on the east coast ,,, but I don't sleep much, so you could find me here at any hour ....

t

• burnieschick
    burnieschick

Well, it's nice to meet you. I'll be here for a bit yet. I'm working but it's been a slow night so far.

Things are still a bit mad in London and here in the Midlands too, so it's nice to know people in the US of A are supporting us. I can't believe I'm seeing armed police on TV only a few miles away from here, swooping on respectable housing estates arresting suspected suicide bombers. Mental.

Apologies WLG, I've completely rail-roaded your thread! Sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit