Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-31-05 WT Study (Young JWs)

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greven
    greven

This piece of reasoning truly boggles the mind:

the annals of history and the record books of today are full of

forgotten heroes.

How can one be considered forgotten when the annals and history books are full of your deeds?

Greven

• vitty
    vitty

The problem with articles like this is, it puts pressure on the parents who then put pressure on the kids.

It used to cause so much aggrevation in our house cos usually (me) would go on and on about them going out in sevice when they just didnt want to.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    The door-to-door ministry is a most effective way to praise Jehovah. If

you are not yet taking part

And where is the evidence for this claim, by the WT?

It is hard to imagine a more negative form of advertising than to ring doorbells on a Saturday morning to present magazines to leave. After all, that is what the "ministry" is; how many witnesses at the door state that they are there to praise Jehovah, or even say to praise God?

The average presentation is designed to not mention religion, Jehovah or Jehovah's witnesses, but instead to engage them in conversation that can get them to say YES to printed material that is left. Some witnesses I know avoid saying "witness" as avidly as Amway people avoid saying Amway.

How can they say that the door to door ministry is the most effective way to praise Jehovah when it is hardly ever mentioned in anyone's presentation, and that presentation is cut short?

• heathen
    heathen

LOL greven --- Yah if the history books are full of forgotten heroes then I think people forgot to read the history books .........

How can they say that the door to door ministry is the most effective way to praise Jehovah when it is hardly ever mentioned in anyone's presentation, and that presentation is cut short?

As blondie would say ---- Where's JESUS in all of this ? The apostles wrote if anyone comes to you declaring good news that is different than the good news we have preached then let him be accursed . Galatians 1:7,8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit