Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-31-05 WT Study (Young JWs)

by blondie 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    YOUNG people are often keenly aware of what they are not yet allowed to do.

Which young people are they - jws? Others are aware of what isn't safe.

First sentence and I've just about had enough - starts with a half-truth, where will it end?

Reading on.

You surely know, too, that Jehovah is pleased when you obey your parents. (Colossians 3: 20)

"The Lord" was pleased when children obeyed christian parents - obeying Jeboobah and the rules of thw wtbts is a different matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short sighted-narrow minded hypocritics - All I want is the truth - Just give me some truth (John Lennon)

• heathen
    heathen

I guess the truth as far as John Lennon was concerned was that if you shoot a man enough times they die ......................

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

5 Many of the praisers described in Psalm 148 can neither speak nor reason.

For example, we read of the sun, moon, stars, snow, wind, mountains, and

hills praising Jehovah. How can these inanimate creations do such a thing?

(Verses 3, 8, 9) Really, in the same way that the trees, sea creatures, and

animals do. (Verses 7, 9, 10) Have you ever watched a beautiful sunset or

looked up at a full moon sailing across a sea of stars or laughed in delight

at animals playing or gasped in awe at a gorgeous landscape? Then you have

"heard" the song of praise coming from creation. All that Jehovah has made

reminds us that he is the almighty Creator, that there is no one in all the

universe so powerful, so wise, or so loving.-

So then, all these inanimate objects are allowed to actually praise God without selling books and magazines from door to door? Why cannot people then praise God by conduct, action, just being a testimony to the awesome power and love of God by existing and being a positive influence on others?

Thanx Blondie for this weeks article. I am assuming that you get the Wt paragraphs by scanning. Does anyone know if the current Watchtower articles are online anywhere? Does the official WT site put up the latest issues somewhere on that site? I don't get the magazines, and would just like to see the latest issue from time to time.

Jeff

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

"Does anyone know if the current Watchtower articles are online anywhere? Does the official WT site put up the latest issues somewhere on that site? I don't get the magazines, and would just like to see the latest issue from time to time."

Funny you should mention that. When I was studying with them and believed it was the truth, I actually got into religious discussions with others online, trying to convert them. Yeah, I knew better than to talk to "apostates" online, but I thought I was doing the right thing by preaching "the truth."

Anyway, I talked to some brothers about it, and they said the WTS would sue anybody who puts the magazines online. O_O

Yikes! Talk about an unloving organization. They constantly brag about how they provide the truth for free, yet they threaten legal action if somebody puts it online?

• Will Power
    Will Power

blondie, this wks article is not only going to guilt some kids into field service, but it worked on my husband. He is going out this Sat. morn. 1st time in a very long time.
    Or it could be because he likes to use this religion for spite.

this article is a real piece of guilt inducing VOMIT

wp

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Catholic infant baptism and JW child baptism.

There is no difference!

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think it's considered a violation of copyrights if you don't make a profit off it .It would be if say you were to try selling their publications or tampering with the contents . I always see walk through guides that are not official online and that's pretty much the way it works according to them as well . What gets me is they claim to be not for profit and still complain about suing people on the web over this type of crap .

There is no difference!

I think the difference here is that they are comfortable in knowing they were able to brainwash a young person where as infants are not privy to much at all . I do think that only adults or young adults are accountable for their actions where as the pre teens are not . I would say people in biblical times did mature faster than they do today because of the hardships they endured early on in life . I think it was a practice of the early church to determine if someone was spiritually mature enough to handle the dangers and pitfalls of the preaching conversion work . Alot of adults are not even prepared for it . Here it sounds like the WTBTS wants the parents to determine these things .

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76
    Be Transformed in Mind and Enlightened in Heart
    People speak of success and achievement in science, art, music, sports, politics, and so on. They revel in
    their fleeting moments of glory. Nonetheless, the annals of history and the record books of today are full of 
    forgotten heroes. All of this is nothing but emptiness, idleness, vanity, foolishness, purposelessness, and frustration.

The WT is at it once again, helping to ruin young lives. It's plain to see that the society is sending a strong message about, how seeking an education is useless and unfulfilling, not to mention that becoming cultured is also a waste of time.

DL76

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

At our SAD both the Watchtower reviewer and the District Overseer ragged on young people who go or want to go to College. Notwithstanding that some college education is necessary to get even an average job these days, it was assumed that anyone who got higher education was materialistic, self-centered and glory seeking.

Many congregations now have two tiers of people. 1) Those who ignored everything the Society said about higher education and employment and who now enjoy the good things in life, and 2) Those who listened to the Society and ended up in menial jobs with low pay, and who are struggling along. Yet it is the well-to-do who get to go places (like unassigned territory) and do things for the congregation and who get a measure of prominence in congregation affairs (and appointments to "privileges" of service), because they can afford it.

The poorer ones, who slavishly followed the Society's directions, look on in envy at the periphery of things, barely able to contribute the "two small coins of very little value." (Mark 12:42)

Real faith, strong faith, should be able to withstand a little bit of education. The Society is doing a disservice to the young by constantly putting higher education down.

If someone is going out of the way to get in spiritual trouble, there are plenty of other opportunities available even if they never set foot inside a college or university.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

There is no difference!
    At the last convention I attended, a six year old girl was interviewed on stage. She had been baptized the day before, with her 8 year old sister. The difference between JW child baptism and Catholic infant baptism is that the JW child is now trapped in a cult. The six year old child has no way of knowing that if she changes her mind or disagrees with the teachings that she doesn't yet understand, she will be shunned by every family member and every friend she has every had. The Catholic infant can grow up and decide that he doesn't agree with Catholic teachings, and his priest will pray for him, and welcome him in church whenever he wants to attend. When I think about it, it makes me ill..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit