A question I've asked an elder as a kid, he never gave an answer

by zagor 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zagor
  • greendawn
    greendawn

Humans feel a deep overwhelming sense of shame and humiliation in the nude state and even the most hardened atheists who really believe that humans originated from animals are no exception to this, that's because the human body is god forsaken and lacks the wholesomeness bestowed by the spirit. Why are there anti nudity laws in all countries?

When the grace of the spirit returns fully, there will once more be no shame in nudity.

• Sushi Crow
    Sushi Crow

I never talked with elders - don't know why, maybe they gave me the creeps. I did ask my mother a couple of questions when I was a kid, though. First one was checking several times to make sure that even good people would get destroyed at Armageddon and I was visibly upset and confused by the response. The second was why is actively being gay or lesbian something hateful to Jehovah. Only asked this one once, learned from the first question not to repeat, but couldnt' get that visibly upset and confused look off my face.

Needless to say, I never got around to asking the clothing question to anyone but myself :) What I came up with is that people would be naked, since the only reason Adam and Eve wore clothes was because of shame and prior to Satan working his magic, shame didn't exist. So, if Satan wasn't around, shame wouldn't be around and neither would clothes.

Terry, you mentioned several design flaws in the body. I have one more to add. The mouth. We have to breathe and eat and drink and talk and suck with it. Even if it's only job was to breathe and eat, sometimes it's hard to remember not to breathe while chewing. Put those two together with all the other functions and it's too big and dangerous a job for one orafice. No wonder people choke.

Sushi Crow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit