A question I've asked an elder as a kid, he never gave an answer

by zagor 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I don't remember who it was but they attempted to answer that same question for me.

They explained that Adam and Eve were perfect and since we are not instantly perfect after Armageddon we would still need clothes. It wouldn't be untill we became perfect people that the feeling of shame would be gone and the need to clothe ourselves for that reason would be gone as well. However, since we don't clothe ourselves just out of shame there would be other reasons for clothes. The weather would have us cover ourselves for protection. We will be perfect..not stupid.

But that is just one persons opinion.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

there are tribes in africa that dont wear clothes

its what they are used to

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

"Even though this thread is not about it but I would love to mention that I find it hard to believe that members of GB don’t engage in a healthy sex life too and that it must have a prominent place in their lives. How otherwise explain Sydlick’s choice of a wife who could be his granddaughter. (oh yes they would have so much to talk about, right)"

They have a rather...eccentric...relationship and she is much younger than him yes but not THAT much younger and she has always acted far older than her years. ;)

This is a great post though.

I wholeheartedly agree with your points.

• zagor
    zagor

Thank you everyone for your relies. I've posed the same question my brother-in-law... He hesitated at first but then said "Well we probably will never return to that state since we already associate nakedness with lose of innocence" so i said "well that sounds a kind of a new world very much resembling to this old world" He didn't know what to say.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I asked the same question about all the picture of paradise in the "Knowledge" book. I asked why are these people hiding their sin, if paradise has been restored? I was told that maybe man can't come back from that. So, if we have to hide ourselves from God, I guess our sins are not really forgiven, I replied. So why did Jesus have to die? I'm still waiting for an answer too.

What makes this interesting is that some Watchtower pubs. show Adam and Eve standing naked behind bushes. Why not the people in paradise?

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

That's an issue that is faced by every religion that holds to the Adam and Eve story being symbolic of "perfection". The most honest answer would be "we don't know", for those who desire to hold to that line.

I think Revelation sheds some light here. Christ clothes His bride in His righteousness.

Rev 19:8

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

D Dog

• Terry
    Terry

I'm sure old Adam had nipples and a bellybutton as he wandered around clueless while searching longingly for solace from "perfect" conditions such as hunger, urges to mate, need for sleep and the self-abasement necessary to avoid being cursed by his zookeeper master, God.

Among the peculiar fetishes of The Lord was turning water into urine. I hope "perfect" urine didn't smell too bad as Adam honored creation by spraying over the veggies.

Another crackpot invention of J.Hova was giving the creatures he fashioned an ability to turn living cells into energy and the rest into a stench of waste which would pile up into Dairy Queen swirls whenever the bowels topped off with overflow.

Further insight is revealed by Gawd Amighty putting the asshole within inches of the reproductive organs and giving the penis the double honor of peeing and inseminating (but, not at the same time.) What economy of design!

All other animals aren't bothered by the hair growth which goes to a certain length and falls out. But, humans' hair and nails will just grow and grow and grow unless clippers are invented to staunch the protein excess. Nice work, Heavenly Engineer!

And death? Why it is built-in to everything, it seems. All those billions of years of dinosaurs munching and crunching each other into bloody paste reveals a genuine sense of beauty in the Creator. Earth was built for man? Why billions of years of spiked, fanged, predatory nonsense then? Must have been an experiment gone awry. Oops.

The invisible friend in the sky seems to rejoice in only making "perfect" things which are so inferior to Himself they must unavoidably cling pathetically to His Majesty for handouts of wisdom and direction. Ironically, however, (and with much sense of humor) The Lord imbued the two legged beasties (humans) with an actual genius for figuring things out anyway--even though it leads to an adult desire to live their own lives apart from (heavenly) Parental meddling.

Really now, being nude in the Garden of Pleasure was no picnic. Who wants ants crawling up your booty and lice in your pubes? And if you crave pants....tsk tsk...you have to bludgeon one of the peaceful pets into senseless extinction to steal its skin for trousers. Joy!

The whole nonsense of Eden and the Bible's puerile fable-spinning reveals the product of human cluelessness. Primitive explanations such as these rival only the writers of Prime Time Tv these days.

The products of a craftsman reveals the ABILITY of the craftsman. A furniture maker who builds a stool that collapses the first time somebody sits on it is a furniture maker who is neither perfect nor skilled nor comprehending of what it takes to do the deed correctly.

If GOD is our craftsman and we are falling apart at the seams from the very first test of our wholeness and function-----let's look at who built us, for goodness sakes!!

Do humans reveal the glory of a perfect genius of a God or the chaos of blind survival over many millennia?

Inquiring minds want to state facts and not blather silly myths.

Terry

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i asked an elder once why the magazine illustrations had people dressed up instead of naked, like adam and eve. and he said that "actually, a man looks quite becomming in a nice pair of dress slacks."

The whole nonsense of Eden and the Bible's puerile fable-spinning reveals the product of human cluelessness. ; Primitive explanations such as these rival only the writers of Prime Time Tv these days.
  • ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    Terry says: I'm sure old Adam had nipples and a bellybutton

Find the error in that statement.

• zagor
    zagor

Yeah wouldn't be great if at least all ladies achieved perfection of Barbarella. It would certainly have a great civilising influence on us Cavemen. We could even evolve into something else, a better version of ourselves for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion LittleToe, it made me think

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit