Halloween - Are you celebrating?

by Nellie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Nellie
    Nellie

Of all the holidays that witnesses shun, this was the one I could understand most. But after leaving the organization, how do you feel about it now?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Hmm... you leave the JWs just to go door to door again, but this time for candy!

Seriously though, I never do anything above watching the horror movies on TV.

• talesin
    talesin

I always loved Halloween. Even as a kid, when I wasn't allowed to celebrate it. The idea of dressing up in a costume, and eating candy. What's not to like?

A few years ago, I mentioned to my mom that I was going to a party on Halloween nite. She said "oh be careful, that is Satan's favorite nite. He and his demons are really out looking to catch anyone unawares." I couldn't help myself, just looked at her like she was crazy, "HUH? Oh yeah, no, don't worry about that mom, I'll be careful."

Kinda silly when you really think about it, isn't it?

I hope one of the Mexican posters comes on and tells us about the Mexican celebration. It's really cool, I've read about it. Don't know enough to splain it, though.

t

• Moridin
    Moridin

Like talesin I was always a fan of Halloween and now that I've got kids I'm letting them enjoy what I missed out on.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I'm not fond of Halloween in general, but I do enjoy letting my kids go trick or treating and have fun with their friends- and something I missed out on. I see the costume/candy part as being harmless. When it gets into all the blood, guts & horror, I draw the line. Cute stuff is fine.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

It's my dearly beloved's birthday, how can I not celebrate it?

• heathen
    heathen

I just don't get the mentallity of halloween . I mean jeeze how many times do you tell your kid not to take candy from strangers all year long ? I love horror and such but to me halloween just seems to much associated with the traditions started by cultists .

• Mulan
    Mulan

Just another fun holiday for the kids, and sometimes for the adults. We had a blast at Joy and Steve's Halloween Party two years ago. A Halloween Apostofest. It was great!!

Of course we cannot forget the jack-o-lanterns

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have been trick or treating twice with my grandkids: once in Eva Beach, HI and then last yeat in Ct. I felt like a little girl again. It was utter magic.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

HELL YA!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit