NO LONGER SATISFIED AS I WAS, WITH JWD FORUM

by outoftheorg 69 Replies latest jw experiences

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

No this is not another { I am leaving this forum }.

It is just that I no longer am so hungry for the many posts as I once was.

I could not wait to get home and sign on to read all the posts from newbies and the heavy hitters.

Farkel-Gary buss-Allen F and on and on.

Now I get frustrated with all the day to day same topics of discontent and anger at the jw's wbts.

It's kinda like "hey we covered all this months ago".

I find myself unwilling to dive into threads regarding the politics, the war on terror, and how terrible the west is, especially the US.

There seems to be no more exciting disclosures such as the UN scandal etc.

COULD IT BE THAT I AM READY TO MOVE ON IN MY LIFE???

How did it feel to you old timers when you did move on, or have any of you really moved on?

I even find myself getting sleepy at the key board and feel like a nap. Lay down and sleep for a while. just get a feeling of strong tiredness.What say you all?????

I see the newbies and how everyone is quick to help them, as I once was. Now I just feel like letting the others do the job and I go to another post.

Outoftheorg

• Englishman
    Englishman

Who said it was a sign of progress to dump one's on-line community?

Why do you have to stop posting in order to move on?

How about us guys who have moved on who remain here in order to give a leg up to those who haven't?

Englishman.

• Pwned
    Pwned

i come and go with months at a time in between, the proof is that still no one knows whoi am but its cool, i find out if there is anything new, post on a few topics and inevitably i get bored with it all and forget about it for 3,4,5,6 months...

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    How about us guys who have moved on who remain here in order to give a leg up to those who haven't?

Good show.

Out: If you do decide to move on, best wishes to you!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm not necessarily an old timer, but yes I feel the same, but then i remind myself i'm not entirely here for me anymore. I'm here to help other newcomers who haven't seen old topics, but yes i get bored at times. I think it would be rude to take the help i wanted and eff off without sticking around to help the juniors.

stick around not for you and just pop in to help newbies find the the threads that'll help.

crumpet

• freedom96
    freedom96

There are certainly times in our lives where some things in it mean more to us at one time compared to another time. Doesn't make it good or bad, simply different.

You will get out of life what you want, including here on this site. It may have served one purpose before for you, and now it may serve another, if any. No big deal, that is life.

I wish you complete happiness and fullfillment in whatever you chose to do.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I figure that if my being here was all about me I'd have moved on after about my first year or so, especially when the board goes through it's occasional cycles of negativity. I certainly have a very full work and social life, so it's not really like I need it.

Nearly four years later, I'm still here posting away and visiting folks at Fests, in a vain hope of helping SOMEONE in ANY way, even if to show that it's possibly to be "reasonably" normal after leaving. Maybe I'm just a masochist

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hey, this is great. Can you imagine a new book release at the next assembly where there are different classes of apostates? Old timers and juniors, I wonder what they'd call them?

Englishman.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks Englishman! I am new as of last month and I really appreciated all the help I got. Where would we newbies be without all you guys? I know the NGO is old news to alot of people here but to those just coming out it blows our mind as I am sure it did to you once. For all the newbies I will say pleaseeeeeee don't stop coming on. We need you!!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I think it would be rude to take the help i wanted and eff off without sticking around to help the juniors.

I would say "amen" except I hate that word....oh well I can't think of another one that suits...so "amen"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit