Hobbies & talents & dislikes.

by hibiscusfire 25 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Sometimes I wonder if the persons we are sreally show off our talents.

You may go somewhere with all these talents, hobbies and dislikes and people just see you for another two legged creature on planet earth.

For instance at work people just see you for what you do, they don't know how talented you may be.

My Hobbies:

Watching television & movies, sewing, being around my doggies, relaxing-bathing- walking on the beach - love the sand. I just learnt how to swim so I don't mind swimming in the pool now. Love playing board games (CLUE especially right now), cooking (when I can), love computer games, listening to music, reading, posting messages. Could be more but these are basically it.

Talents:

Singing, drawing (art), dancing

Dislikes:

Doing the dishes, bad breath, body odor, grumpy people, grapefruit, cockroaches-snakes-rats, shouting, crime, false people, gambling, smoking, abuse of alcohol, people who are cruel to animals (once I saw someone kicking up a frog in the road- I don't like frogs but it was a horrible sight.....

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

This is a very interesting post. It gives one food for thought. How much of our upbringing developes of hobbies, talents and dislikes?

My hobby is running.

What am I running from?

My talent is professional wedding photography.

Perhaps enjoy spending time in other Churches as I was forbidden to do so as a youth.

My dislikes are controlling people.

As I had way too much of that growing up.

How about the rest of us? Any further comments?

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

Blimey, Hib . . you wouldn't like me then . . I display most of the things you don't like <hic> . .and <burp>

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Hobbies: gardening, scale model building, watching Nascar,fishing,hunting,saltwater aquariums.

Talents: AutoCad, handyman, microbrewer

Dislikes: Arrogance, self-righteousness, illigal immigration, al-queda

Likes: female bodies, dogs, homebrew,tomatoes off the vine.

• delilah
    delilah

I enjoy interior decorating, painting murals...I enjoy the freedom of mind that is now MINE, since leaving the Borg.....I enjoy taking my boys to their football games and practices.....I like to get out walking, see the scenery. I love being with my family.....

I enjoy gourmet cooking, fine wines, evenings with friends....

I detest skunks......my dog STILL smells, and it was last Friday that she was sprayed.....

Delilah

• delilah
    delilah

Oh yeah, the most important thing...........drum roll please........FOOTBALL SEASON.....my favorite sport.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hobbies...music...all kinds

sport...cricket..soccer..rugby..golf

reading..crime thrillers...elizabeth george..jonathon kellerman..john grisham

tv..movies....thrillers comedy romance

talents....songwriting

recording and performing...not overly talented but getting better

public speaking

kissing

dislikes....smoking

drunkeness

injustice..always fought for those that couldnt fight for themselves ever since i was 5..(why o why did no-one fight for me)

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Hobbies: I am a very addicted to computer gaming (and video games in general :)), currently in love with the World of Warcraft MMORPG. I also love puzzle games, board games, brain teasers. I love reading (big historical fiction dork here among other genres) and chilling out and listening to really amazing music. Lately I have been really into learning different types of dancing like bellydancing and tango which has been fun.

Talents: I am an artist and a musician, been playing piano since I was 4 years old and currently do a lot of work with keyboard programming (producing etc.., more on the electronic end of things which probably reflects my musical tastes as well ;)..). While I went to school for art, I am not currently working in that field at all (neuroscience) but I do spend lots of time with my sketchbook when I am inspired although that really goes in cycles.

Dislikes: This summertime weather =( . It is so humid and yucky here. I wish it could be October all year!, people who do not question or think for themselves, inefficiency, ignorance, greed, umm I am sure there is more but that was what was currently on the tip of my tongue or fingers so to speak.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

jill:

What am I running from?

That's pretty funny. LOL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Artful: Blimey, Hib . . you wouldn't like me then . . I display most of the things you don't like <hic> . .and <burp> Which part? I'm sure you have something nice you can do. HF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit