No part of this world?

by gringojj 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I agree with you that they ARE part of the world - just an unwilling part of it.

It would not be possible to live on planet earth today and not be part of the world, whether you like it or not. As mentioned, you would have to be literally like the Amish and be self-sufficient and not dependent in any way on society in general. This isn't the same world as when the bible was written so the scripture cannot be taken absolutely literally. One could only do so to a certain point.

With regard to whether having stocks is like voting: I don't know if it is quite in the same category. Is there a measure of hypocrisy here? Possibly. But this is something that is part of our world today that didn't exist back then.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Longhairgirl------I realize you need to live on planet earth,but I don't claim to be "no part of the world",,or use it as a catch phrase to get people to join a cult.Its a classic example of the society talking out of both sides of it's mouth.You as an individual can't decide what is or isn't part of the world in a figurative sense.The governing body says you can't celebrate,salute the flag,watch smufs ,play sports,ectectect,,,but they will tell the R&F with a straight face that they had documented dealings with the UN for "library access".Also,isn't it a bit worldly to keep renovating perfectly fine kingdumb halls,building more and more lucrative real estate developments,all while telling the lowly sheep that they should "live simply",buy a 4 door car for service,not a nice one-those are for elders and CO's only.I guess this is a rant,but they are deeply involved in the frivolous things that this world has to offer.From the GB ,to DO's ,CO"s ,local elders and the children of JW's---------they are all more "worldly then I have ever been---and I'm an evil apostate.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

StopthePain:

You are right about everything you said.

In fact, their claim that they are no part of the world is the least of what is wrong with them. I have also gritted my teeth in anger at their asking for money to renovate perfectly good halls and hypocritically telling the guy at the bottom to "do without". They are simply full of shit about everything.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Hiiiiii!

It's really weird we have the same picture or what?

Hibiscusfire

• Honesty
    Honesty

**** Sighing ****

**** Waiting on you know who to join the discussion and enlighten us about the WTBTS and how it is really no part of the world even though it joined in interfaith meetings at the Australian Parliament and was straddling the UN with its legs spread wide open and moaning in ecstasy for almost 10 years while telling the JW's how evil the organisation just across the East River is ****

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I wonder how politically involved they were to purchase and get the necessary zoning to develop that prime waterfront property?

Personally, I'm grateful I'm no longer a part of THEIR WORLD.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Society, in practice, makes a distinction between Jehovah's Witness people and the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation. So far I'm not aware of the Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses or the Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses being in the conflicts like the Watch Tower corporations, since they were incorporated in 2000.
    To me, there was a HUGE conflict between what the Society wrote about their separation policies and the actual practices LONG before the United Nations issue was exposed. The conflict I noted was the participation in government and effective lawmaking by the Society's prolific participation in the judicial branch of government. The Watch Tower Corporation has participated in government at the United States Supreme Court level more than ANY other group claiming to be a religion. They are still at it all over the planet AND they write about the practice on their very own web pages.
    So, when they say or write that they aren't involved in government, they are not being honest. The government of the United States is made up of three divisions. One, is the Executive branch, Two, is the Legislative branch, Three, is the Judicial branch. The court system is a part of government on ALL levels, local, state, and federal, and as the Society knows full well, it's a very important part.
    The separation doctrine is nothing more than a doctrine. It's not a practice. The Witness people are encumbered to follow the directions printed by the Society, but the Society is not bound by those guidelines as they have so abundantly and openly shown.
    To the Witness people it means most of the battles are fought in third grade classrooms in the public schools by 8 year old children of Witness parents. It means daddy and mommy Witness can't work for SOME branches of government and they can't exercise at SOME gymnasiums and they may not be free to vote although the literature says they are.
    Good thread! Thanks for starting it.

• Daunt
    Daunt

The Watchtower and Tract society maegazine and book company uses the subjective nature of the line, "No part of this world" to their advantage. They are essentially lieing when they say they are no part of this world yet they take government handouts when needed, knock on people's doors and talk to them sheesh. It's almost immpossible to take "No part of this world" litterally so they can make up whatever they want in that "No part of the world" statement and pick and choose what they want and don't want. What the heck is "the world" anyways. They jump on the definition of the world seeminglessly.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

I've always wondered how you can claim to be no part of the world , and claim to not support governments while at the same time you are paying the salaries of elected officials through your tax dollars. "Pay caesars things to caesar" is crap. I'm not giving someone my money without telling them what I think they should do with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit