Are you a ‘fixer’?

by jeanniebeanz 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

genetic heiress... lol

Well, I may never be rich, but I'll admit that things are never dull around here because I'm always pulling something apart.

My most recent thing was to pull apart an old Royal Power Tank. Hey! I paid almost a thousand dollars for the damn thing in 1983 and I want many more years out of it than a measly 22. Fixed it, I'm happy. I'll probably keep it going until I can't find bags for it anymore.

No, I'll probably just figure out how to make the bags...

J

• Simon
    Simon
    also a device for switching light switches on and off

How do you switch a light switch on and off?

I thought that was what switches did to lights !

• Shania
    Shania

Remember BD : WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS, RESORT BACK TO THE DIRECTIONS. Isn't that like a man-----------never follows the directions----------hey guys it saves alot of time if you would just read the directions and also us wives would not have to nag at you to do so..............ps---I'm a fixer---more than my hubby..........

• zulukai
    zulukai

I LOVE fixing stuff! Have rejuvenated a lot of old furniture, rewired lamps and sanded walls. I'm typing right now on a huge old East Indian table I found in the bargain section of a funky import store. It was given up for dead and I brought it home, scrubbed it clean and tarted it up in some faded colours that matched it's origional paint. Now I have a stunning ethnic "antique" that everyone envies.
    I grew up in a household where the saying " make it do, or do without" was a way of life. For me now it's more of a creative outlet than necessity. I call my rescued treasures "lame ducks" and people are always asking me where I got such unique things. Lots of elbow grease and imagination I tell them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit