My wife is onto something ... and it isn't me (hint: 586/87)

by ithinkisee 32 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls
    Man ... if I can get my wife out I will be soooo happy.

We will be as welland we are all hoping .

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

UPDATE: She just packed her research up to take with us on our road-trip to Asheville.

(going to the Bele Chere music festival)

12 hours on the road is a big opportunity to break the ice hopefully ... my eyes (or her eyes) have to be on the road so it takes the edge off -

less confrontational y'know... (man I sound like a wuss ...)

-ithinkisee

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    (man I sound like a wuss ...)

Dude, you're a green monkey in a pink braw. Being a "wuss" is the least youf your worries.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I can't believe I'm only reading this now.

My God I'm on the edge of my seat (literally!!)!!

If you check this Ithink I'm reading with sincere interest. I've talked to my wife about 607 vs. 587 and she hasn't outright admitted it but she knows something isn't right. I am going to try and check out a bunch of history and archaelogy books like you. I'll use a chart like you to.

Good luck monkey man. We're all pulling for you.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Here's a link to a piece I did on that subject:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/74549/1.ashx

These short WTS references below are all one needs to prove that 607 BC is wrong:

References:

Aid to Bible Understanding on Nabonidus - P 1195:

"Last supreme monarch of the Babylonian Empire...On the basis of cuneiform texts he is believed to have rule some seventeen years (556-539 B.C.E.)."

Insight on the Scriptures under "Chaldea""

"Particularly was this domination manifest during the seventh and sixth centuries B.C.E. when Nabopolassar, a native of Chaldea, and his successors, Nebuchadnezzar II, Evil-merodach (Awil-Marduk), Neriglissar, Labashi-Marduk, Nabonidus, and Belshazzar, ruled the Third World Power, Babylon."

Babylon the Great Has Fallen - God's Kingdom Rules, page 184:

"After reigning but two years King Evil-Merodach was murdered by his brother-in-law Neriglissar. According to the inscriptions that have been found, this usurper of the throne spent most of his time in building operations and reigned four years. When he died, his son Labashi-Marduk, though not yet of age, succeeded him. He was a vicious boy, and within nine months he had his throat cut by an assassin. Nabonidus, who had served as Governor of Babylon and who had been Nebuchadnezzar's favorite son-in-law, now took the throne and had a fairly glorious reign till Babylon fell in 539 B.C."

So the "Aid" book tells us:

17 years of Reign: In 556 Nabonidus started his reign and ruled 17 years until Cyrus conquered Babylon.

And the "Babylon the Grape" book tells us:

9 months: Before Nabonidus we had Labashi-Marduk who ruled about nine months.
    4 years: Before Marduk we had Neriglissar who ruled 4 years.
    2 years: Before Neriglissar we had Evil-Merodach who ruled for 2 years.
    43 years: the "Aid" on page 1212 tells us that before Evil-Merodach, Nebuchadnezzer rules 43 years.

Remember, everyone (including the WTS) agrees Babylon fell to the Medes in 539, which put Nabonidus out of the "King" business.

17 + 9 months + 4 years + 2 years + 43 years = 66 to 67 years.

539 BC + 66/67 years= 605/606 BC the Year Nebuchadnezzer started his reign.

The Bible clearly states that Jerusalem fell in the 19th year of Nebuchadnezzer's reign. 605/606 - 19 years = 586/587 B.C. the date Jersulaem fell and the so-called beginning of the "Genital times." Heh, heh.

Farkel

• vitty
    vitty

Couldnt explain it when I was in, couldnt explain it now im out!

Oh for the want of brains

• jaredg
    jaredg

BELE CHERE IS AWESOME!!!

I went last year to watch the autocross up there. I wish I could make it this year. The weather is always so much nicer in the mountians. Where are you driving from for it to be 12 hours away?

back on topic: good luck with your wife. i'm wishing the best for you and her.

• pennycandy
    pennycandy

ithinkisee, maybe your wife found out about 607/586 a long time ago and is trying to feed you little bits and pieces to open your eyes.

I wonder if a married couple ever both found out the truth but kept their mouths shut for the other's sake.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Wow, this looks really promising.

The important thing to me is that she is running the numbers through her head and 586 keeps popping up. I have not shown her the dozens of archeolgy and historical books and bible dictionaries yet, that ALL point to 586/87. I haven't shown her the stuff in Zechariah yet either.

Where did I read a post which listed all the historical references to 586/587? What stuff in Zechariah? This is one of the topics I have not researched because my JW friend is turned off by complicated figures or arguments. Is there a simple way to present the avalanch of sources that disagree with the JWs?

• M.J.
    M.J.

This is great!

She's searching for answers on her own! This is 90% of the battle! She's taking the stuff on the road too! My wife has had moments of doing her own research but then that pesky WTS schedule and day-to-day things just keep getting in the way! Do what you can to give her research time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit