Do you think the Watchtower makes up experiences by people ???

by run dont walk 37 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

one of the ways they argue around embellishments is to blame ray franz

i remember when he was df-ed i was talking to a brother beverage from spain who is one of the 'given' ones and he said that one of the ways ray franz was found out was that they had sent experiences from spain to brooklyn and when they got translated into spanish the experience was changed..ray gives a whole different version of this in coc

do the words scape and goat mean anything here

a lot of experiences given at assemblies now are acted out...so its the same experience related at different assemblies by different people..this is obviously due to lack of quantity..not saying that the experience in itself is untrue..its just that it is portrayed as happening to the individuals relating when in fact they are just actors

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I have always felt that the expiriences used in the lierature or for assemblies was to "clean".

DL76

• Farkel
    Farkel

: How could people be giving experiences on the invisible presence of Christ being 1914, when the belief did not start until the 1940's, nowhere in the Harp of God does it state Christ's presence began in 1914.

There were THREE editions of Harp, with the first in 1921 and the last in the early 1940's. If you read the 1921 edition and then the 1940's edition, you'd think you were reading two entirely different books. You'd be right. The ARE two almost entirely different books. In 1921 the WTS taught that the last days begain in 1799, and that wasn't changed until at least 1930.

Farkel

• blondie
    blondie
    a lot of experiences given at assemblies now are acted out...so its the same experience related at different assemblies by different people..this is obviously due to lack of quantity..not saying that the experience in itself is untrue..its just that it is portrayed as happening to the individuals relating when in fact they are just actors

They call those "re-enactments."

• Faith
    Faith

I was surprised one time to get the Awake magazine and see the wife of an elder on the cover. She was a close friend of my family. She was on the cover being glorified for surviving child birth hemorage as I recall by being put into a hyperbaric chamber. She really was a sweet lady. Her psycho husband elder was a another story. This came out in the 80ies.

What was NOT in the article was WHY she had problems with her childbirth. One reason is she had WAITED past her childbearing years because Armegeddon was coming. They didn't say how she and her psycho elder husband had insulted others like my baptized sister for having children before Armageddon. There was great big hole missing in that story.

• Berean
    Berean

I have personal knowledge of four experiences that were given at conventions. Two were out and out lies, one was two experiences (that did not have good results) combined and presented as a good outcome, and another that was supposed to happen after the convention and never did, yet it was given as though it had already taken place and had great results.

Every time I heard, or read, an experience I never fully believed it.

Berean

• heathen
    heathen

Faith I was lmao ----------

They didn't say how she and her psycho elder husband had insulted others like my baptized sister for having children before Armageddon.

Yah for a religion that discourages marriage and child bearing they have alot of nerve finding encouragement in stories like this one .............. I know I've heard plenty of this kind of crap when around j-dubs . The magazine shoulda said something like sister so and so should have been pioneering instead of getting herself knocked up then she wouldn't have been in danger .............. yadda yadda ......... what a buch of friggen foney bologny .................

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    We always went over these before the CO and/or DO before the actual program. In almost all cases, the traveling overseers would 'guide' and coax the 'real life' comments to bring out a very specific point. Sometimes, that would significantly change the 'experience'.

My part was changed quite a bit, and was said to be more encouraging.

On the other not one of my close friends had one with his family, and the whole thing was a lie. In fact to prove how they would put all interests aside

his sister said that she really wanted a piano real bad, but it would take up too much of her time, and her parents would have to pay with their sweat.... Guess what? 2 months later they bought a piano!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit