Paradise & the Jehovah's Witnesses

by Honesty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that it will be joy to be around a lion or other such animal without fear in paradise:

It truly will be Paradise restored. What of the joy to be around a lion or other such animal without fear? We do not have to begin describing that, for all of us have relished the scene already.

2/15/96 Washtowel

Page 18

Their version of paradise is a lie:

There will be no lion there,

and no vicious beast will go up on it;

they will not be found there.

Isaiah 35:9

• blondie
    blondie

As a child/adult I never believed that lions/wolves would eat vegetation.

I knew brothers who believed that people would hunt animals and eat meat, fish and eat fish.  But that wolves/lions would not eat people but other animals.

Are jws going to have a backyard zoo; or animals not native to that area, or animals from warm areas in areas with snow........  Are the same people who wouldn't own a pet know how to take care of these animals

The elder's wife who picks out a 20 bedroom mansion on the hill assuming the people there will die at Armageddon; and then assumes she will hire poor little sister meek to clean the toilets. 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Well let's see,
    Isaiah 11:6The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.  Isaiah 35:9 No lion will be there,
        nor any ravenous beast;
        they will not be found there.   Isaiah 65:25The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,” says the Lord. 
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    If the Lions make it, the Packers better make it too!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Of course the lions wont be there.  Its the championship!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, we will all be naked, that's for sure. As we build roads and clean up trash and dead bodies, and then do our gardening. 

Just imagine an eternity of seeing someone's junk as they hoe the garden. Everywhere you look, naked people. Riding a horse? Naked. Cycling?? Naked. Beach volleyball? Naked. Weddings? Naked. BBQs? Yep, naked. 

I guess the climate will support nakedness? The water canopy will be replaced and the tilt of the Earth will be tweaked to cause a more favorable climate.

It's odd that some JWs think that human perfection is to tobacco to being more like Bonobos. Are we just going to lie around naked in the Sun all day and commune with God?

Oh, I guess that fish that swims up your wiener will be reprogrammed too?

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The whole teaching is nonsense, based upon what ? Some verses in Isaiah FFS ?

Read any good Bible Commentary on the Isaiahs (Plural, certainly two, maybe three authors), and you will see it has nothing to do with what will happen in an Earth future to our time.

It is poetic language about the literal land of Israel being restored.

"But Jesus said the meek shall inherit the earth" yells the JW, well my reply to that comes from Life of Brian:

" Oh, I'm glad the Meek are going to get something, I like the Meek".

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Well, we will all be naked, that's for sure - I suppose doing cartwheels in the New System will be banned.

Will naked brothers still have to wear a tie at the Kingdom Hall?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Oh what joy to sit around on your porch day after day watching a sheep play around with a cheetah!

Who needs steaks, ribs, TVs, movies, Video Games, power plants, cars, trains, air conditioners, nice clothes, and all of the other evil things we have today.

Instead, pick up a shovel and go plant some potatoes and tomatoes so you can have dinner.  No, no pineapples and mangoes, those were available when the evil food import companies existed.  Now it's potatoes and apples.

Then you can enjoy the rest of the time sitting on your porch watching  morning dew dry up. Ahh what progress.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I would love to swim among a family of crocodiles. I wonder

will Jehovah remove their teeth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit