GIVE A GOOD WITNESS---------------

by vitty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

I am generally a ppl pleaser, and maybe thats what got me in the org all those years ago !

Obviously we want ppl to think we are nice, but it really bothers me if I think they dont. On the other hand I never let anyone get too close.

Its going to take a long time before I find out if im doing things cos I want to or because im conditioned to.

• I quit!
    I quit!

A lot of it is just the years of conditioning. I remember a thought crossing my mind when I first left that went something like this. Shouldn't I be out telling people something. Some sort of postive message. It was fleeting but I still remember feeling that way. Most people will like you better if they see you have a normal range of emotions rather than being some grinning zombie.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I know exactly what you mean, I always find myself doing this, smileing at strangers, holding doors open for people even when I'm in a hurry, giving up seats for other people etc, my boyfriend always laughs at me and says I'm too polite but I think its a witness thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit