It's 98 degrees, put on your suit and go to Yankee Stadium

by IronGland 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

YUP! Born JW 1957 went to the week long ones been to Yankee Stadium several times with severe Ulcerative Colitis for 28 years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulcerative_colitis

• undercover
    undercover
    I remember that vividly from the late 1980's, early 1990's!

I thought they stopped the 8 day/3 session a day coventions back in the late seventies? I didn't go to NY but I've been to Atlanta, New Orleans(AC thank god) and Cincinnati. ATL and Cincy were hot as hell.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I went to the DC's at the Hialeah Race Track in the 80's & 90's, it's an open air arena, in south Florida, I remember it being hotter than any hell could ever possibly be and the seats were ungodly uncomfortable. Oh, and they closed off restrooms so you had to walk even longer in the heat to take a piss.

DL76

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Hey I forgot to add we ladies had to wear pantyhose in that humid searing heat to.

DL76

• Englishman
    Englishman

Pantyhose. hah! I just love that expression. Sounds like some sort of flexible tubing. I presume we are referring to ladies tights?

Englishman.

• Soledad
    Soledad

all those wasted summers!!

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

Think yourselves lucky - ours were bloody FREEZING and we could see our breath in the air...brrrr

• greendawn
    greendawn

Physical discomfort added to the psychological discomfort that is due to the emotional abuse and exploitation. The dubs were pressed hard.

• luna2
    luna2

Thanks for the info, Carol! I never met my great aunts. They died before I became a dub, so I couldn't ask them about it. LOL I got some info from my father and some from my grandfather, who'd practically whisper so my grandmother wouldn't hear him talking about it. My grandmother couldn't speak about her sisters-in-law without cursing (part of that is because when they died, widowed and childless, they left everything to the Society).

I thought it was so cool that I'd made the decision to become a witless all on my own and then discovered that I actually had these relatives who were also dubs. Oooo, fate. (or perhaps genetic predisposition to gullibility).

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

We never could have a family dog,we had a cat and chickens as they could be set up with feed,water litter box for extended assembly vacation.My elder dad would not have spent kingdom money on kennel fees.We had no worldly friends to dog sit.

Yes,the WT controled every facet of our lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit