End Times

by Harold Mourning 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I do believe the WTS teaches that the secular governments will attack all religions including the WTS, but only the WTS will survive; when the secular governments see the WTS survived, they will attack it.

*** w12 12/15 p. 18 Do You Remember? ***

With Jehovah’s day approaching, what events are yet to come?

“Peace and security!” will be proclaimed. The nations will attack and destroy Babylon the Great. There will be an attack on God’s people. The war of Armageddon will occur, followed by the abyssing of Satan and his demons.—9/15, page 4.

• abiather
    abiather

One madness will lead to another madness, and all those approximate 17270 nuclear weapons that are in stock with different countries will do their work of transforming this earth into an inferno in which all will be destroyed—including JWs! No survivors, and God has to RECREATE thereafter!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A ton of stuff in current WTS eschatology can trace its origins back to mid-20th-Century right-wing conspiracy theory (The John Birch Society, Hal Lindsey, etc...)

When Fred Franz was scripting it out, there was a lot more cross-pollination of ideas between various apocalyptic millennialist groups, although I'm sure that the ongoing events of the Cold War made much of his interpretation seem plausible to many.

Virtually impossible for geopolitics to play out that way nowadays, though.

• sir82
    sir82

How precious...InsidetheKH actually believes that someday "governments will try to ban religion".

You're so cute when you're serious!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "InsidetheKH actually believes that someday 'governments will try to ban religion'."

The UN, actually (according to the WT), but therein lies the rub.

We're talking about a political organization that barely has the clout to defend religious freedoms, let alone marshal a planet-wide campaign to militantly suppress them.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

but again i think that the friendship between state and church will be the problem for those religions as soon as that friendship hits a low the states will turn against their former friend,

What complete detachment from reality. But let's entertain this drivel, so ok, let's say the US Government for example, decides to eliminate religion:

Why on earth would they do this? The US government already walks on pins and needles in order not to not offend their constituency. Trying to outlaw religion, would be immediate political suicide for any Government. Also, in what planet would US citizens just settle for a government that is trying to outlaw religion?  Many people in this country are willing to kill to prevent abortion from being done as to not offend their God.

Is there any US Government who is looking to have massive unrest, rioting on it's hands?

Also, Why? How is religion hurting government so much that they would need to go against all logic and common sense to get rid of it? Religion keeps people inline and under control, and governments like this.

The very mantra of the US government is "in God we trust". It's on the currency, on every speech. Is all of that going to be changed?

Before this idiotic wishful thought could happen, the US would have to become a dictatorship. So until you see a dictatorship in the US, it's pretty safe to assume this will not happen.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dont think inside the KH is a true believer---he/she said " shit"

now--ive been out of all that shit for over 30 years--but i dont think they say shit--or dont i know shit ?

• prologos
    prologos

ablather, did you forget about the 3 Hebrews and the visitor in the fiery furnace at 3500 degrees kelvin? What are a few nukes going to to true believers.? When I was zealous I believed we were nuke hardened like those 4. 

stan: kh was just using a popular quotation about the "fan", to fit in here,  so to speak. " speech seasoned with salt". welcome.  

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The real answer to this question is revealed in the fact that the WTS sees itself as true preachers of the gospel (god's selectively chosen) so they are prophetical are suppose to have a government force try to bring them down.

The WTS. is also a fear mongering religious institution where fear is indoctrinated to its members as a means of control, obedience and loyalty.  

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

redvip2000 - "Before this idiotic wishful thought could happen, the US would have to become a dictatorship."

And a secular dictatorship, no less.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit