Increase ranks 10 fold

by 5thGeneration 13 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Here's my take on how the Society could increase it's ranks 10x.

Start from scratch and go back to Bible basics.

Eliminate speculation. Every last thing in life does not need a rule on it. Recognize that there is a grey area.

Cut meetings down to Sunday Public talk. Wednesday Bookstudy consideration of WT and some Service points.

Make door-to-door optional for publishers and encourage people to talk about Jehovah when their HEART moves them to. Pioneers, elders and MS do the door-to-door.

Eliminate the name of the publisher from service report. That way they can keep track of the numbers but people will feel better about what they can do "not in comparison with the other". The elders will see who is reaching out.

Allow 'conscience matters' to really be conscience matters by drilling in peoples' heads to mind their own business. The last I checked I didn't marry Bro. Nosyashell.

Follow Jesus council to "Stop Judging". Don't just say it... REALLY stop. Accept that the judging is Jesus' job in the future.

Stop the guilt. This I think is the reason most people leave. I have NEVER felt commended and that I was doing enough even when pioneering and an MS.

That's all I can think of right now. I'M GOING GOLFING!

• sir82
    sir82

Excellent ideas, but (1) it does nothing to sate the appetite for power of those in charge, and (2) there's no money in it.

Thus, don't hold your breath.

• undercover
    undercover

So, basically they become a mainstream religion?

Naw, that's not what they want. They need the control over the dubs because it's a business more than a faith. They need to keep the workers whipped into shape so that they go out and move the product and make donations so that the company can make money.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Excuse me-

"The elders will see who is reaching out."

Reaching out for what? The elders are idiots. Those who brown nose and sniff are bigger idiots. Reaching out for what?

SALESMAN OF THE YEAR!

Buddy - let's get this straight, the day Crooklyn disintigrates, is a HOLY DAY!

"Don't put new wine into old wineskins." Don't do IT!

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Get over your delusions of reformation and just leave. It's a cult. It won't get any better unless it's in its interest to get better.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Hey, I'm all for reformation. Anything to improve the current state of affairs.

What needs to change?
    » Repression of Thought » Institutionally Enforced Shunning
    » Organizational Idolatry

http://www.jwreform.org

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sound ideas and I agree but they will not happen

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

You have to be kidding. That will never happen. The WTS loves its power. And like Lawrence said. Elders are brown noser and suck ups and I can't stand them. I respected my father who was an elder but he was brainwashed , he tried to change things in the cong. but it all ended up in him getting older than his time and then he died. He put his whole being into it while others were just plain dellusional.

I have seen some elders get appointed and then they go on this egotistical power trip and see what shit they can get on other witnesses who are trying to lead happy lifes and then they spy on you. It kills me. Even to the point where the hide in a car or truck to watch persons from the Kingdom hall just because someone made an accusation.

I am so glad I am out of that organization , I could throw a party just for being free.

Hey talk about that our friend Lawrence is having his Apostofest this coming Saturday the 30th. I can hardly wait.

Just call me the party animal. Life begins after leaving the WTS.

• Mary
    Mary

5th Generation, your list of potential changes within the Organization is a good one, and if they did make these changes, you'd see all kinds of positive results and alot of growth. Unfortunately, there's a better chance of me winning the lottery tonight than any of these changes taking place. Like others here have stated, the Governing Body thrives on being control-freaks and there's no way they're prepared to give that up. They enjoy brow-beating the brothers and making everyone feel as though they're worthless pieces of crap. Like they said at the assembly this summer, "...we should be quick to obey the Slave as though our lives depended on it-----which it does."

In other words, salvation doesn't rest with obeying Jesus or Jehovah anymore----it rests with these drooling old slobber-pusses in Crooklyn. And far from lightening up on the flock, they're tightening their grip as they see more and more leaving or just becoming inactive. They don't like losing control over people's lives and it pisses them off when their judgement is questioned.

So don't hold your breath-----the Governing Body has no interest in changing this religion for the better. They'll continue their strangle-hold on everyone, until one day, it implodes from the inside out.

• M.J.
    M.J.

until one day, it implodes from the inside out.
    That works for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit