When Did GOD Last 'Talk' To Us?

by Legolas 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I like the idea that God talks to anyone of any time-period when the person is in a frame of mind that lends itself to it.

Now, my cynical objective side can read the above one way. But my tin-man without a heart side likes the positive reading. Maybe I'll have a surer opinion as I cover more of the yellow brick road ahead of me.

Perhaps we only got a definite explicit message once through Jesus, and as individuals we can get experiential "greetings".

• Preston
    Preston

I thought the JW's believe god continues to talk to the people...well, the 'Faithful and Discreet Slave' anyway... I think I know exactly who's talkin' to 'em...

- Preston

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I have never understood how people can accept that god EVER talked to anyone from the bible who claimed he did. Take Abraham, for example. God supposedly told him to sacrifice his son, Isaac. Try telling that to a modern day child custody court. Well gee your honor, I didn't ACTUALLY kill him, ya'see, I was gonna, but then god sent this ram to take his place, so I didn't have to. Whaddya mean, no visitation?!! I got rights! I'm not crazy, god really told me to do it!

Then of course there is the infamous "Virgin Mary". Please. She didn't even rate being talked to by god, just an angel. Then again, she was quite the clever gal to avoid being stoned to death for fornication in such a unique way.

And of course, there was Moses. Probably the person who holds the record for talking to god according to the bible. Hell, if I got lost in the desert for 40 years, I'd be looking for somebody to pass the blame off on, too. Lost? Who me? No, I'm not lost...see, god doesn't like some of the things we've been doing, there was that whole quail incident, and the golden calf, and well, in general he's pretty pissed, so he won't let us in to the promised land yet. (Aside to Aaron: Whew...I think they bought it...just act confident, and whatever you do, DON'T LET ANYBODY SEE YOU LOOKING AT THAT MAP.)

• heathen
    heathen

Bas --- the bible does say happy are those who haven't seen yet believe and stuff like that . I know I still believe despite everything in my life, I just don't like religion with all the rules that don't make sense and the gurus that think they know it all and everybody should just up and follow them . I think people have made religion a joke .

• Bas
    Bas

Heathen, I don't believe in religion and the bible (or the torah and koran for that matter), I think they are mostly harmful things.

However the belief in God, independent from the beforementioned things, I think is beneficiary for alot of people, helps them in hard times and all that. Also, even the most hardcore Atheist have doubts (about the existence of god). Maybe not many doubts but still they are only human minds "trapped" in their own individual lives...

• heathen
    heathen
    Heathen, I don't believe in religion and the bible (or the torah and koran for that matter), I think they are mostly harmful things.

I agree . Atheism just doesn't appeal to me at all . I have exsperienced alot of strange things in my life that would defy realm of ordinary so believe that the existence of God is most probable . The universe itself seems like it was all a plan and no accident . We all have to decide for ourselves what to believe . I know they have found alot of fossils that suggest evolution but to me it is a theory and will always remain one .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit