When Did GOD Last 'Talk' To Us?

by Legolas 25 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

well, since god certainly did not inspire the adventists, or the break away protestants, and certainly not the nicean council, then i would have to agree with heathen.

which really sucks i suppose. i mean, what a test of faith! 2000 years! wow. so, ya, either he never did talk to us ( i know, not what you were asking, but i did answer with my xian hat on!), or, he accidentally killed himself on the cross, and the rest is uninspired.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Ok I got a question for everyone....When was the last time GOD had dealings with mankind either through dreams or prophets etc... before Jesus came? And how long before that etc...?

God still communicates with us today! Can you hear a quiet voice in your heart? carm your thoughts, focus hard on god, open your mind and heart up to him, have faith! and listen! He talks to me, he comminicates to us in all sorts of ways, the most common would be, Through others Through the bible or a quiet voice within. There is no audio voice so don't espect on of those, neither will and angel come with a scroll with a message. God communicates to us differently than we communicate with eachother. And yes people sometimes gets dreams from god. Evanescence

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I understood it that he used the 'Holy Spirt' to communicate with the early christians. He didn't have a direct chat.

steve

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

The holy spirit also guides us and helps us.

If we struggle to pray to god, the holy spirit prays on our behalf.

Evanescence

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Dunno if you want a serious answer or not, and whether you mean communally or individually, so I'll simply say "just after breakfast".

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

The answer is simple my friend...

Jesus answered them, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly, I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit . . . Now my soul is troubled. And what should I say – Father, save me from this hour'? No, it is for this reason that I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name.” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and I will glorify it again.” . . . “Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be driven out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” He said this to indicate the kind of death he was to die. (John 12:20-33)

Truthseeker

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

This got me thinking (always a bad sign) - and Schizophrenia was first described in 1896, so I don't suppose it became a common/recognised/accepted diagnosis/condition for a few years. Probably just around the time that the doors of Heaven were closed.

• heathen
    heathen

midwichcuckoo --- Just when were the doors to heaven closed ? Are you getting all dubby on us here ? There have been many people claiming God communicated with them , even Joan of Ark claimed some sort of divine mission . So what I said is that today only by accurate prophesy can we be convinced that God is communicating with people . That is what the bible says as well . I am not sure there is a big difference between flying around in a chariot over Israel or the way christ is going to return with great signs and portents in the clouds of heaven .

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    midwichcuckoo --- Just when were the doors to heaven closed ? Are you getting all dubby on us here ?

err.....you really don't understand my post heathen?

• Bas
    Bas

ehhhhh, does God exist then?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit