Away from the "Core" - Subversion at the Convention

by ezekiel3 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    Had the idea to prank-call other rooms in the hotel at 9:00PM to ask "This is Brooklyn. Do you still have your badge on?!"

"Hello, this is Brooklyn. According to the RFID transponder in your badge, you seem to have been located in an unauthorized seating area during this afternoon's session..."

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    There were no parking attendants, and all the worldly people were courteous and took turns leaving.

Heheh! The attendants need to be there to remind them of where they are! Gotta put on that show!

Great review E!

Kwin

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Sheep-Dude!

That was great! Thanks for the laughs.

Jeannie

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

I went to the assembly last year (long story) after many years of not attending anything. I was seated, by the attendant in the high nose bleed seats where the other inactive people sit. I listened to all the talks, took notes and came to a final decision in regard to JW's. I did not walk isles ever or walk the parking lot.

• theundecided2004
    theundecided2004

Great and funny observations ezekiel3. Have you ever paid attention to how people react to the drama? Its probably the most attended part of every convention i've been to (even more than the public discourse on Sunday). It's pretty humorous to watch everyone pack the seats of the auditorium at 11:15ish for the only part of the program that doesn't require constant flipping of pages in the NWT book. And yes, its been pretty lame each year, but JWs seem to love it. Whenever its over, I've always noticed a huge stream of people walking down the aisles, many getting a head start on lunch, others leaving early to never return. Either way, attendance in the morning has always been greater than the afternoon on Sunday, at least from what I observed. Just thought I point that out.

undecided

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit