End of the World Near?

by love2Bworldly 32 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

I remember in the mid-70s/early 80s, how scientists and other knowledgeable people used to say mankind wouldn't make it to the year 2000 if things kept up as they were back then.

Which scientists?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Always do a regression analysis just where did it all come from? http://www.naplesnews.com/npdn/neapolitan/article/0,2071,NPDN_14939_3469539,00.html .... The problem with Millennialism Naples Daily News, FL - ... time sneered that it was a "Great Disappointment." Nevertheless, millennial expectations persisted, leading to Seventh-day Adventism and the Jehovah's Witnesses .. In 19th-century America the preacher William Miller was persuaded that the Second Coming of Christ would take place on the night of Oct. 22, 1844 . When Jesus failed to keep that date, newspapers of the time sneered that it was a "Great Disappointment." Nevertheless, millennial expectations persisted, leading to Seventh-day Adventism and the Jehovah's Witnesses. --------There you have it folks backup confirmation that Jehovah's Witnesses are "mutated millerites" a spinoff of second adventist.LOOK and open your eyes!! Why even the "Will fall in month of october" false prophecy time line comes from William Miller a civil war army captain. Listen up?Growing up born JW (1957) I have heard/read that Armaggedon will come in OCTOBER at least a hundred times,(WWI started & satan cast out in OCTOBER) There is nothing that made me gasp in horror of all WT/JW falsehoods more then this finding! Footnote from Danny Haszard-to his credit ole Captain Miller went back to farming and never made another prediction.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I'm a Christian, ex-catholic then seventh day adventist. But now I have learned in my old age how to better understand scriptures, I am quite sure there is no reason to believe the end is near. That is not what the Bible teaches. The only sign (singular) will be cosmic, unmistakeable, and too late to do anything about. Perhaps an extinction event, like a meteor strike? Who knows, but I don't see why a Christian should be more likely to think the end is near compared to anyone else, including athiests. Christianity seems to have lost its way somewhat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit