From the mouths of kids....

by Lilycurly 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Conversation between my little 10 years old brother and my Dub-Dad before he departs for the meeting:

Little Bro: Daddy...why do you have to go to Kingdom Hall?

Dub-Dad: Well, because Jehovah wants us too. It makes him happy.

Little Bro: How do we know that Jehovah is real?

Dub-Dad: We just have faith, son. We beleive.

Little-Bro (realising): Oh! It's like Santa Clause, then?!

Me: *spit coffee all over the place*

I love the little guy, he's a smart-ass!lol

• freedom96
    freedom96

That is too funny! My wife and I still cringe when our kids bring stuff up to their grandparents such as holidays and things like that. One classic one was "Grandma, why didn't you send me a birthday present?"

• Daunt
    Daunt

Ha Out of the mouth of babes. That's excellent Lily.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hehe, I make sure to congratulate him afterwards when he pulls one like that.;P The thing is, I'm sure his comments are not so innocent. I sometimes catch him listening to my mother and I talk about anti-JW stuff. He loves it.:P After listening on us once, he asked my dad if the waters from the flood were salty or not. Dad-Dub's mouth hung open for a while...but then he got out that classic one that "Jehovah took care of it". He promised he would do some research, but he never came back to him.lol

• defd
  • defd
    defd

sorry about that. But my ? was lilycurly do you dislike your dad for being a JW? It sounds like that to me.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

No, I love my dad, I would never do to my family what the JWs do to us who don't share their beleives. (Not including you dedf, you seem quite open-minded) I am just renting on this board, because I have been frustrated all my life and now I see my other brother getting sucked into that religion. I hope for all the world that my father would open his eyes just a little bit, but I would never dislike him, even if he never does.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The child probably sensed that not all is well with the jws, it is not jehovah but the WTS that are happy for the meetings because they get the chance to mind condition and exploit the followers.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

that's why the dubs sing that song... "we must have a faith accompanied by works..." it's like being a good little boy for when santa comes back at his appointed time (whenever that is!)

bethel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    he asked my dad if the waters from the flood were salty or not.

lmao! Sounds like you have a little skeptic on your hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit