Article from: The Brooklyn Daily Eagle (07-20-2005)

by ljwtiamb 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher

DUMBO = Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Ha ... one of my first jobs at Bethel was cleaning that dumb DUMBO parking lot. Picking up trash and stuff.

Me and another guy would always try and go together so we could stop at the deli across the street ... sit down and drink coffee. . . .

Hahah ... I guess I was apostate even back then.

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

The girl Sarah Kate (she must have got married) was/is a daughter of one of the Bethel doctors. He is the one that stuck his finger up my ass for the "prostate exam".

You know how many of those 19-year-olds nowadays have prostate problems ....

The worst is the "squish squish" in your bunghole from the KY as you head back to your job .... ah ... the memories.

-ithinkisee

• willyloman
    willyloman

Interesting story, with two glaring "holes" in it:

The reporter mentions the sale of of 360 Furman; why no disclosed price? Published estimates are $260 million and up.

The report says "their printing operation...has recently moved to their Wallkill complex upstate" but doesn't ask the obvious question -- why then do they need to build all those additional living quarters?

• Ticker
    Ticker

protein stains

Ewe Is anyone thinking what Skally got me thinking?

Ticker

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

protein stains

Monica?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

ljwtiamb,

Thanks for posting this article.

I hope many have written the writer about their own experience with the WT. Perhaps she will write another article based on your input.

Steve

• lowly one
    lowly one

. Should the Peoples Corporations Pay Taxes. They claim to follow the example of Jesus well, at least in the early 80's they did, even regularly citing 1peter 2:21 were Jesus was a model for them to follow. So, what example did Jesus set respecting the paying of taxes. Mathew 17:27 "...that we do not cause them to stumble...Take that and give it to them for me and you..." And, we find simular action in Pauls letter, '...to all those who are in Rome as God's beloved ones called to be holy ones...Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities....There is therefore compelling reason for You people to be in subjection,...but also on account of [Your] conscience. For that is why You are also paying Taxes...Render to all their dues, to him who [calls] for the tax, the tax;..." Romans 13:1,5,7 So, in conclusion the head ones of these corporation not paying taxes by taking advantage of mans laws gives evidence that they may not be these 'beloved ones' that Paul wrote to nor, could these head ones of these corporation not paying taxes by taking advantage of mans laws be considered followers of the example Jesus set. Finally, would paying taxes be an act of faith? PS: can anybody funnel some cash my way i wann'a get a new mountain bike, one with full suspension?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit