May 2005 U.S. service report

by TheListener 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

And to put a little age perspective into the mix, in the '50's when I started, the quotas were:

Special pioneers, 150 hours

Regular pioneers, 100 hours

Vacation pioneers 75 hours

Regular publishers 10 (or 12?) hours

Other brothers, somewhat less. Like in, "Oh, he's one of the 'other brothers' -- tsk, tsk."

Fats

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

You are comparing May 05 with August 03, and that is something highly questionable, as the August figures always are higher than average, because they include the figures for those not having reported in July, but reporting in August for BOTH July and August. Therefore, any comparison with August is incorrect.

• blondie
    blondie
    You are comparing May 05 with August 03

This is the May 03 report from the August 03 KM. Elsewhere posted the correct numbers. km 8/03 p. 2 May Service Report ***

May Service Report (2003)

Av. Av. Av. Av.

Number of: Hrs. Mags. R.V. Bi.St.

Sp’l Pios. 189 106.9 97.5 50.4 5.0

Pios. 86,884 65.7 44.4 21.7 2.0

Aux.Pios. 30,091 49.1 36.6 13.2 1.1

Pubs. 875,248 9.5 8.4 3.7 0.4 TOTAL 992,412 Baptized: 2,863

Av. Av. Av. Av.
    Number of: Hrs. Mags. R.V. Bi.St.
    Sp’l Pios. 189 106.9 97.5 50.4 5
    Pios. 86,884 65.7 44.4 21.7 2
    Aux.Pios. 30,091 49.1 36.6 13.2 1.1
    Pubs. 875,248 9.5 8.4 3.7 0.4
    TOTAL 992,412 Bap tized: 2,863
  • TheListener
    TheListener

So there was about 1% less sheep and they were doing more work? That surprises me. I would have thought the work (hours, mags, rv, bs) would have slowed down more. No wonder the remaining dubs are so tired. They're picking up the slack of the smart ones who leave.

• blondie
    blondie

You forget the rounded up hours and the phantom hours people turn in. If just 50% turned in 1 hour more than they actually spent doing anything..........

• willyloman
    willyloman

When I was a loyal dub, I assumed all these numbers were absolute "gospel." This being "the truth" and all. Now I have a different perspective.

It's clear that the rank and file massages its own numbers. That 9.4 "average" hours per month would be nearly impossible to attain for the average publisher, with a full time job and kids, if it were truly an honest accounting of the number of hours, in minutes, spent witnessing to people. A typical 9.4 hour report would look like this, in my experience:

Study with the kids (which we didn't actually get around to this month, again, but we can't just stop reporting it, right?): 4 hours. Oh, wait, there were five Mondays last month and that's the night we study, or would have studied, if we had studied, so: 5 hours.

Two Saturdays in service, time spent in door-to-door work, 30 minutes total; time spent driving around, stopping for coffee break that turned into breakfast and happy hour, and including the 30-minute meeting for service at the hall and post-meeting social time (because, hey, I had to be there so it's part of the job), 2.5 hours each day = 5 hours.

So that's 10, which is close enough.

My point is, in this kind of "culture," the corporate numbers aren't going to be vastly more reliable than those posted by the front line workers.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Willyloman you are so right.

Once you start turning in a bible study for your kids you can't just stop. That would be suspect. So whether you had it regular or not you're gonna keep turning it in.

If you don't turn it in the elders are gonna ask you why you aren't having a family b.s. If you do turn it in they're gonna ask how regular are you and what do you cover - you know just to help you out.

Either way you're put on the spot so they can watch your reaction. They ask uncomfortable questions, even if you're doing everythig right, just to view your reactions and responses. The elders determine their future course with you based on what they see.

• upside/down
    upside/down

In twenty years of loyal "service"...I don't think I met 5 people that actually were HONEST with their reports...and even if they were...

THE LYING BASTARD ELDERS would pad the numbers further...I saw it with my own eyes...blatant LYING to keep the CO at bay.

It's all a crock of shiite...be honest, take a look around your hall...and evaluate the "reality" of the FS...it's a non-event. Like Enron's books...

u/d (of the actuary class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit