Should an Elder be involved in any of the following????

by pr_capone 14 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I am asking for a simple opinion here. According to the latest JW "laws", should and active witness, much less one serving as an elder, do ANY work for military institutions such as the Air Force, Navy, and U.S. Army?

I submit the following link http://besappraisals.com/john.html (please copy and paste).

If you will notice towards the end of the second paragraph it says... "He has also served as a consultant for large U.S. entities including Ford Motor Company, General Motors, General Electric, International Dairy Queen, Pizza Hut Corporation, *****U.S. Air Force*****, Boeing, Cessna Aircraft, and *****U.S. Navy*****.

Also, further down the list on tab #10 it lists him as being registered with the Corps of Engineers, U.S. Army.

What say ye?

Kansas District Overbeer

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

maybe from the time befor he found the troof?

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Not at all... I know for a fact that he has been a JW all his adult life, perhaps his entire life. I was very close to him and his family once upon a time and know them quite well.

Kansas District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

Good question. I wonder if other JWs are aware of this. Wouldn't be the first time JWs have concealed the full nature of their employment.

Since he seems to be self-employed, with authority of what jobs are chosen, hmmmmmmmm?

Blondie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wow - this guy must have really ignored the borgs warnings on education and gettin' involved with the world.... hope he has learned his lessson with all that damn money and security he probably has by now....

Don't know how you can get around the fact that he has clearly violated the WTS rules on military matters.

Jeff

• Carol
    Carol

The Corp of Army Engineers have a lot to do with the Riparian rights along the coast of various states, i.e. underwater land leases (for marinas and docks, etc.) and is not necessarily a military faction. However I know of several witnesses that were disfellowshipped because they worked for Companies that had Government Contracts working on systems for the Military. So how he got away with this being self employed is a big mystery. But then....the elders pretty much do what they want anyway.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

did you also notice that in his list of businesses appraised included Janitorial Companies

steve

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

From my limited knowledge, but what I was involved with while an elder..................

A dub I personally know had this dilemma about 20 years ago. Dub had a very good job working at a nuclear laboratory. Problem was......once said person became a dub and learned about not working as a defense contractor, dub had a problem. Dubs paycheck came directly from the U.S. Navy. Other people worked with the same lab. Some got paid by a contractor, others by the Navy. This dub became very concerned about this situation. After consulting Brooklyn, the dub was ordered lovingly told to find another job within a specified time. From a very nice position and a good paycheck, this poor JW has been cleaning offices ever since. She is a very happy camper to this day thinking that Jehovah will soon take care of everything.

I will admit it though. This sister is a very humble and sincere person. One of the few I knew who could be trusted.

As long as your paycheck doesn't come from the U.S Navy, Army, etc. it is ok. Most consultants receive pay from another party connected with the Dept. of Defense or other govt. entities.

So according to Brooklyn, it is ok to do work for these entities as long as you are not directly paid by them.

HappyDad

• melmoth
    melmoth

"So according to Brooklyn, it is ok to do work for these entities as long as you are not directly paid by them."
    By this logic, it would be OK to drive a supply truck in Iraq, working for Halliburton, but not be a janitor at a military base. Hmmm...
    I also once knew a JW family in which the father worked on a base, as a civilian. He was told he couldn't get baptized, so as far as I know he simply remained an active, 'interested' person and kept his job.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Happydad - and that is where the question comes in. I was under the impression that any involvement at all constituted you being part of babylon the great. Much more so as he is self employed, he actively chose to take on those assignments.

He doesnt even have the excuse that his boss told him to do this or he would loose his job. *shrugs*

Kansas District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit