Terrorist backlash - and so it starts

by katiekitten 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

My mum lives next door to a little newsagents shop run by an asian family. I used to live there, and I had the phone number of Mr Badat because sometimes people used to try and break in. Mr Badat died last year and a younger moslem family took over. On Friday night mum went out to check her car at about 10pm. She saw a man hanging around, hovering oddly. When she went back to her house there was a huge poster on the shop window that said "ALL MOSLEMS ARE TERRORISTS". She peeled the poster off, screwed it up and phoned the police. Then she phoned the shop owners. She didnt want to tell them what the poster said but they pressed until she said. She was also scared that maybe the man was still watching, because it had happened in the space of a few minutes. The thing is, the shop and mums house are on a regular walk for drunks coming out of town, and they do a lot of vandalism on their way home every friday and saturday night (mum has had 6 cases of broken windscreens or wing mirrors in the last year). If the poster had been left up I definately think other people would have taken the opportunity to maybe smash the shop window. Such a shame, this moslem family are the very embodiment of conservatism, kindness and community spirit. I feel so sorry for them having to suffer this mindlessness. I think the bombers should be made to see what damage they have caused for their own people.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I think the bombers should be made to see what damage they have caused for their own people.

sadly, I don't think they care, if anything their actions are having a desired ''knock-on'' effect. When these terrorists carried out their first attacks, they were completely unconcerned about who their victims would be - I don't know the statistics of the victims, but it's a fair bet that there were Muslims amongst them.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

you are so right Midwich. Sigh.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Probably BNP supporters; I saw them protesting again on the news this morning (of course, they called the protest a "backlash," I think vandalism/violence is more of a backlash than a protest).

• Sith
    Sith

Afew weeks ago in Iraq, a terrorist drove a car into a group of US soldiers who were handing out candy and toys to Iraqi children and detonated a bomb. Up to 27 people were killed. The blast killed only one American soldier. At least 70 people were injured, a newborn and three U.S. soldiers among them.
    Twelve of the dead were 13 or younger and six were between 14 and 17.
    The terrorists don't care what happens to "their own people".

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

in ayr during the 2nd world war an italian family ran a butchers shop...at a particlarly anti italian time during the war the shop was smashed up by a mob

the sons of the italian family were at the time in the british army..fighting the germans

go figure

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

People are stupid. And violent.

I try and teach my kids (at school) to think. I tell them if they do mindless things I will find out where they live and put dog shit through their letter box.

But do they listen to me???

• bisous
    bisous

We bombed the bee-jesus out of their country, masses of civilian casualties ... opened up their land to terrorist-types from all over, itching to perform unsavory acts on any and all .... Now we read daily 10s, 20s, 30s, etc and more killed by bombs and such ...

who do you think looks the bigger terrorist in their eyes?? we (US) have had .. what ? 1700 - 1800 casualties? Iraq has had what?? 100,000 casualties?

I also heard reported that there have already been more than 100 backlash attacks in UK since the initial bombings.

• Ellie
    Ellie

These suicide bombers don't care about themselves or their family that they leave behind, so I doubt that the effect their actions have on other Muslims would even register in their sick minds.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes bisous its true. Racial hate crime has gone up massively here.

But its totally true, thousands of Iraqis killed for no reason. Tragic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit