What do you think of Seeker (good or bad)?

by Seeker 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker
    Seeker

Reading Farkel's thoughts about being called names, and remembering my own discouragement about the same thing, and thinking about all the posts recently decrying the fighting and bad language, I'm curious to know how my "Seeker" persona is perceived here. I know I have fought with some, made friends with others, so how I am perceived will be varied. I want to know it all, the good, the bad, the ugly. If I can improve in my online interpersonal relations, I would like to.

Here's your chance -- take your best shot. I won't say another word in this thread (unless I'm directly asked a question that needs answering). I just want to know precisely how my persona is viewed here. All of you who have been slinging stones at me, here's your chance to explain why you dislike me or my actions. Those of you who like me, or appreciate my style, feel free to tell me that as well. This is NOT a call for compliments. I'm not trying to boost my ego. I'm genuinely curious to hear all sides of the question, and then I will think about what people say about me (good or bad), and see if I feel I should make some adjustments in the way I interact here.

Go ahead, let me have it. I'm just going to listen now.

• JanH
    JanH

Seeker,

I think you know what I think of you, mate .

I just wanted to say I was a bit surprised to see different sides of you in chat . Goes to demonstrate that what we see of a person on a web discusssion board is far from being the whole story.

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• outnfree
    outnfree

I think Seeker's an intelligent sweetie!

Who wants to know?

outnfree

• waiting
    waiting

Always had a tender spot in my heart for Tigger Tiger.

waiting

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

*shrug* I think you're pretty cool. You're smart and civilized, and I have a lot of respect for you.

So, what do I win?

*Rochelle.

---------
    http://www.dreamsphere.net/ -- See it, live it, wear it.
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Seeker: I have always thought of you and your posts in a positive light. I don't recall having any negative exchanges with you. I think every one of us manages to step into the dabte "doo-doo" eventually. But, with few exceptions, I believe that we all recover and make amends with those who strongly criticize us. You can atke my post as a "Thumbs Up" in support of your contributions to this board. - Amazing

• AlanF
    AlanF

I hate you. Your toes are too big.

AlanF

• TD
    TD

Seeker,

I think, looking back on many years as a JW that the one thing I have come to hate the most is dishonesty in all the many forms it manifests itself in JW literature and doctrine. That's why I eventually dropped the handle "Zack" on the old H2O and started using my real name.

I think both you, Farkel and several others here are truthful people who would tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth in response to a direct question and that's about the highest compliment I can give.

Tom

• wasasister
    wasasister

I am deeply in love with you. I want to hunt you down, stalk you until you give in, marry you and have your babies.

Until next week when I stalk Farkel.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Seeker,

Your posts tend to re-affirm the way that I feel about most things, so I don't have any negs towards you at all. We probably wouldn't make good business partners because we would probably find that we had similar weaknesses.

Sometimes people can take you by surprise, I've long enjoyed Amazings posts but I was astonished at how we diverged on the subject of capital punishment, so now there is a little spice in my responses to him.

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit