So what was God's address then?

by MidwichCuckoo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

So, according to Genesis 1v1, ''In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth'' - so what I want to know is if God lives in the heavens now, where did he live BEFORE he created them? Was he just renting a place? Maybe his nan's spare room?

• Legolas
    Legolas

I have a lot of odd questions like that to!

• Satanus
    Satanus

He was a floater in nonspace, anchorless, of no fixed address, a purposeless, amorphous whisp of an elemental, looking for something to give worship meaning to his darkness, a mirror whereby he could discover himself, what he was/is/am/will be.

S

Ps, his zip code might have been 777 7 777

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

So Sheldon was some kind of cosmic hobo? Someone should tell Him that it's psychologically dodgy to define yourself in relation to others.

*waits for thunderbolt*

Praise Sheldon!

ig.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    He was a floater in nonspace, anchorless, of no fixed address, a purposeless, amorphous whisp of an elemental, looking for something to give worship meaning to his darkness

He was jolly lucky He wasn't arrested then.

• Ellie
    Ellie

thats a very very good question

• Satanus
    Satanus

I called him amorphous darkness, but he could have been amorphous light. It's impossible to tell, if he can't see himself and there is nothing to reflect him back.

Someone should tell Him that it's psychologically dodgy to define yourself in relation to others.

True. However, in the pantheist beginningsand ttill now, all things are god. If that were true, then we are all tiny motes of god pretending not to be. Yet, we are, and all things have ever been god reflecting god back to him it in it's exploration of itself.*

*I started out the above posts as a joke. However, i tend to believe some of what i said.

S

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Your question is an excellent one, which illustrates how the majority of religions wrongly interpret Scriptures. The idea of God being thought of as a person or even a being, and existing in a place, or several places at once in space and time, is so limiting. None of this is what the Bible really teaches. Only a tiny bit of the Bible should ever be understood literally, and even these portions have several deeper meanings at the same time, which none of us fully understand.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0281056803/qid=1122142574/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/202-7686650-8063805

• Satanus
    Satanus

It is commonly said that god made the universe out of nothing. Doesn't it make more sense that he made it out of himself? Then, once he did that, was he able to extricate himself from it? Or, was it sticky? Did the churchmen pronounce the former in order to avoid getting stuck in the latter?

S

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

that is an easy one:

Alcyone, the central one of the renowned Pleiadic stars… Alcyone, then, as far as science has been able to perceive, would seem to be 'the midnight throne' in which the whole system of gravitation has its seat, and from which the Almighty governs his universe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit