Florida Boy To Receive Blood Transfusion

by Kenneson 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• undercover
    undercover

I read about this in my local paper the other day.

Some things not mentioned and that I'm curious about:

1. Where's the boys father? Alive, dead? JW or non-JW? If alive and interested in his child's welfare, what is his stand on the issue?

2. No mention if transfusing blood components could work. Would only a whole blood transfusion work? I'm not familiar with how sickle cell anemia works and the procedures to fight it.

3. The sidebar to the article mentions that JWs do not accept whole blood or blood products. That's not true. Just whole blood and four primary components are banned. Minor components are allowed. Do the courts and doctors know this? Does the mother know this?

• lowly one
    lowly one

Anybody out their that has the Witnesses attorny or law firm attorny e-mail or web link or name in this case?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/94397/2.ashx

• loveis
    loveis
    It's ashame this didn't happen with so many other jw kids that proved very unlucky in the end adoring the awake magazine as modern day martyrs.

Well, actually, in cases mentioned in that magazine, a judge's order was indeed sought, but the judge refused to issue an order on grounds that the youth was a mature minor who could make his or her own decision about blood or other medical treatment. (Yes, it does happen; court orders are not always given, even in the case of youths.)

• Panda
    Panda

The awful pain that young kid must have everyday ... you'd wish his mother would care more about what she sees happening ti him ... I know I know Jehovah demands obedience... I hate that religion...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Lowly one, You might try www.ajwrb.org.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    you'd wish his mother would care more about what she sees happening ti him

She thinks she's saving his eternal life...and has everyone she trusts telling her she's doing the right thing.

Imagine how she will feel if she ever figures out the truth about the truth.

It's hard for me to be angry with the mother, because just as much as we know she's wrong...she knows she's right. My anger on something like this goes to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Corporation and it's Board of Directors.

WLG

• Bryan
    Bryan

Good Job!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit