SPOILER * What did you all think of Harry Potter Half Blood Prince?

by Pwned 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Pwned
    Pwned

I just finished it today and I thought it was the best or second best yet. I didnt like the last 2 that much but I really enjoyed this one. it was cool to find out so much about voldermort's past. Does anyone else think that perhaps Snape is not as bad as he seems right now? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, I've always liked him. The only thing that bugs me about Rowling is how much she dwells on Harry's sorrow, its almost cliche-ish at times. Does anyone really believe the #7 will be the last book? I seriously doubt it.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Dang, you're a fast reader....

In any event, I won't be reading the book until it comes out in paperback. My daughter bought us the hardcover, but the darn thing weighs about 40 pounds, and I like to read in bed.....

• Pwned
    Pwned

I know of people who finished it in one sitting.

• lilbit
    lilbit

it took me two days to read it.

Ive never liked snape so it doesnt surprise me that he really is on voldemorts side. I was literally in tears when Dumbledore was killed. I do think the next book will be the last because I think that Harry is going to die defeating Voldemort but we shall see I guess

Lilbit

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    I was literally in tears when Dumbledore was killed

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Now I wish I hadn't read this thread!!!!!!!

• lilbit
    lilbit

it said spoiler..... sorry.. read the book anyways its really really good

• Princess
    Princess

I also finished it today.

I loved the book. It answered so many questions from the first five. I was sad about Dumbledore but I suspected he would be the one to die. I was also sad to read about Snape. I never liked him but was hopeful that he truly was a good guy.

Hermione is always telling Harry and Ron that you can't apparate and dis-apparate inside Hogwarts. Dobby and Kreacher did several times with no explanation. Anyone know why?

I think it will all get wrapped up nicely in book seven. I don't think Harry will die but it should be an exciting story.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    it said spoiler..... sorry.. read the book anyways its really really good

Yeah, I know it said spoiler...and given that the book probably wont be out in pb for a year or so, I guess the chances that I wouldn't have heard about it before reading it were somewhere close to nil. And, yeah, I'll still read it - gotta keep up with the latest developments, y'know .

• Legolas
    Legolas

Shhhhhhhh! I'm only going to start the second chapter so I don't want to read this thread yet!hehe

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

I haven't read it, but am thinking of reading one of the Philip Pullman books that have prob been banned by the org...has anyone one read the Northern Lights books? What's the verdict?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit