remember those stories about demonic possession?

by LuckyNun 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

and how people would swear that things moved by themselves and hovered around?

well, I wish my stuff was possessed so it would move itself to my new apartment for me. it's 116 degrees here.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i was always terrified of demons and had nightmares for years after i left the witnesses. when i quit believing in demons the nightmares pretty much stopped.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

In Paterson, NJ the Jehovah's Witnesses bought out a Masonic Temple a couple of years ago. It is now the same building re-decorated to

house a couple of Kingdom Halls.

Point is............ Masons/demonic? We are not allowed to buy objects from garage sales, but the cong. can convert demonic place into KH?

• lilbit
    lilbit

Maybe they perform secret excorsisms (I know I spelled that wrong sry)

LIlbit

• aniron
    aniron
    In Paterson, NJ the Jehovah's Witnesses bought out a Masonic Temple a couple of years ago. It is now the same building re-decorated to

house a couple of Kingdom Halls.

Point is............ Masons/demonic? We are not allowed to buy objects from garage sales, but the cong. can convert demonic place into KH?

Similar thought a few years ago the JW congregation I was in were looking for a bigger building. One of the buildings we looked at was an Assembly of God church, who themselves were moving into a bigger building. Similar thought came to me back then. As JW's we were warned about buying second-hand goods in case they had demonic influence on them or gifts from people who were strong Christians etc, for same reason. Yet here we were thinking of buying a building were the Holy Spirit was supposed to have been strong. Where healings took place, where people spoke in tounges etc. No one seemed to think it was odd. We didn't buy it in the end, the car park area wasn't big enough.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Don't get me started on the horrors of garage sale shopping! Evil, Evil I say!!

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    We are not allowed to buy objects from garage sales

Huh? This is totally not know here.....
    is theere some article in the WT or so to back up this statement?

Danny

• Ellie
    Ellie

I remember being scared out of my wits as a kid, being told all manner of ghost stories, mainly about the house my dad and half sister lived in before I was born, apparently someone had done a ouiji board in there and the house was posessed, they used to tell me all about it in great detail, I'm 25 now and still scared.

• potleg
    potleg

It's a fear tactic...medievil thinking...the stuff that witness legends are born from...ooohhhh. They live in a dark, demon infested world.. As far as buildings go, isn't it another case of do as I say but not as I do? More WTS hypocracy...

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

I'm pleased to hear that some of you can laugh about it (genuinely) as I until I found this board I really hated myself for having been 'out' for years and still being irrationally scared of things like that (on bad days). I was so relieved to read KatieK's posts! I have tried to get myself out of that way of thinking, and know fine well that it's 'programming' but it's bloody hard to shake when you developed all these fears as a kid...I still can't watch some supernatural films in case it 'triggers' a whole host of stupid panic! How sad am I!!? It was a major breakthrough for me to watch the Blair Witch Project!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit