A Religion in Massive Denial ( Wt 8/15)

by metatron 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jourles
    Jourles

Watchtower 8/15/2005

Page 16, paragraph 10:

A second way that Satan tries to stop all Christians from reflecting God's glory is by ridicule. This tactic should come as no surprise. During his ministry on earth, Jesus Christ was ridiculed -- laughed at, sneered at, made fun of, treated insolently, and even spit upon. (Mark 5:40; Luke 16:14; 18:32) Early Christians were also objects of mockery. (Acts 2:13; 17:32) Modern-day servants of Jehovah face similar abuse. According to the apostle Peter, they would, in effect, be labeled "false prophets." "In the last days," foretold Peter, "there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: 'Where is this promised presence of his? Why, ... all things are continuing exactly as from creation's beginning.' " (2 Peter 3:3,4) God's people are ridiculed as being out of touch with reality. The Bible's moral standards are viewed as old-fashioned. To many, the message that we preach is foolishness. (1 Cor. 1:18,19) As Christians, we may face ridicule at school, at work, and at times even in the family circle. Undeterred, we continue to reflect God's glory through our preaching, knowing as did Jesus that God's word is truth. -- John 17:17

Page 22, paragraph 10(second article):

Though some study the Bible, they do not want to believe what it says. They refuse to accept that Jehovah teaches his people through his faithful and discreet slave class of anointed Christians.

And this jumped out at me in the last study article....

Page 24, paragraph 3:

Jehovah spoke to the people through an angel, providing what has come to be known as the Ten Commandments. (Exodus 20:1-17) Hence, there could be no doubt that these laws were from the Almighty.

See where they are heading with this statement at page 25, paragraphs 6 and 7:

Did you know, though, that anointed Christians possess something far more valuable than laws written on stone?

The Israel of God is made up of spirit-anointed Christians. In time, they were joined by "a great crowd" from all nations who also seek to worship Jehovah. As "one flock" under "one shepherd," both groups embrace "the law of the Christ," allowing it to govern all that they do.

Page 27 has a subheading titled, "To Love Means To Obey." They do make an interesting comment on the age of our universe in paragraph 15:

Consider the relationship between Jehovah and Jesus. They were together in heaven for perhaps billions of years.
    What was their stance on the age of the universe before? I always thought they were pretty strict on the seven day, seven-thousand year interpretation.
  • Ticker
    Ticker

Here are a few more claiming Apostolic Authority;

Just a note that while the Governing Body rejects the Catholic view of "Apostalic succession" it has self assinged itself apostalic power and authority. It asks its members to view it as if holding a similar position.

Coming from the June 1, 1982 Watchtower on page 17, article entitled "Loyally submitting to Theocratic Order"

*** w82 6/1 17 Loyally Submitting to Theocratic Order ***

4 Because of his loyal submission to theocratic rule, even to the death, Jesus was rewarded with immortal heavenly life. Additionally, he was given “all authority . . . in heaven and on the earth.” (Matthew 28:18) In turn, he entrusted “all his belongings” on earth (earthly interests of his Kingdom) to faithful anointed Christians. These ones Jesus called a “faithful and discreet slave.” (Matthew 24:45-47) Their reward is someday to share heavenly rule with Christ as “priests” and “kings” in his kingdom. (Revelation 14:1, 4; 20:6) Today, a remnant of this ‘faithful slave’ is still alive on earth. Their duties include receiving and passing on to all of Jehovah’s earthly servants spiritual food at the proper time. They occupy a position similar to that of Paul and his colaborers when that apostle said of the wonderful truths God gives to his people: “It is to us God has revealed them through his spirit.” (1 Corinthians 2:9, 10)

Actually if you look at that whole article they are asking everyone to take their word as Gods and dare not question. Here are a few more examples of this reasoning from that very article;

As part of doing God’s will, he was very careful to teach God’s thoughts, not his own. “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me,” Jesus said. (John 7:16) What a fine attitude for all of God’s servants to imitate!

Since when is 1874, 1914, 1925, 1935, 1975, 607 bce, blood policies, UN membership, the inability to ask ardent earnest questions to make sure of all things, and many other non biblical based teachings carry the wieght of coming from God? This is a dishonest and very manipulative comment coming straight from the Governing Body, and is in great contrast to the real outlook that God gives in his bible.

*** w82 6/1 16 Loyally Submitting to Theocratic Order ***

2 Yet, firmly Jehovah insists on peace and unity on the part of all his devoted children. (1 Corinthians 1:10) And these good results come by God’s servants loyally submitting to theocratic order. What does that mean? Since God’s rulership is called a theocracy (God rule), submitting to theocratic order means being obedient to the laws, rules and principles issuing from God.—Isaiah 33:22.

What good results can be found other then the occasional experience in the awake? Rather we find alienated ones shunned by their former friends, ones who have dies unessesarlly in flip flop teachings(organ transplants, vaccines, blood,etc.), ones who have been imprisoned or killed while yet in another country a whole other contrary practice is allowded(malawi and mexico, alternative sevice), being entangled with the so called wild beast(United Nations), generation of 1914, broken familys, stained relations, even anger and hate toword former members, and the list goes on. Since when have all these ever changing time dated, wishy washy flip flops ever issued from God? But yet one would be forced to accept them with the weight and authority equivelent to God's Word the bible or face excommunication as they have clearly put their own reasoning on the same scale as Gods.

5 How vital it is for everyone in God’s family to submit loyally to the teachings and arrangements of the Great Theocrat, Jehovah, and his King-Son, Christ Jesus, as transmitted through the ‘faithful slave’ on earth! Since theocratic order begins with Jehovah himself and extends downward, never would we want to imitate Satan the Devil by becoming independent of theocratic rule. Recall the sorry results that came to Eve when she listened to Satan’s deceptive urging for her not to submit to theocratic order. In effect(buzzword meaning they are assuming and they are adding to the account), he said to her: ‘Be independent of God. Do your own thinking. Decide for yourself what is right and wrong. Then you’ll be like God. You positively will not die.’ (Genesis 3:1-5) That may have sounded appealing, but it was a lie. (John 8:44) When her husband joined her in abandoning submission to theocratic order, they were expelled from the garden of Eden and from God’s family of loyal ones. In time, just as Jehovah had warned, the death sentence(note the dire consequence they attempt to portray befalling thoese who dare question the Governing Body's teachings) was executed on both of them.—Genesis 2:17. 6 Likewise today, any among Jehovah’s people who indulge in independent and contrary teaching imitate, not God, but Satan the Devil. However, Jehovah sees what is happening among his family and takes account. (Proverbs 15:3) He will not tolerate wolflike persons who would devour his sheeplike ones, but at the proper time he takes decisive action. (Matthew 7:15-23) Like a loving father, he protects the spiritual well-being of his family.—Ezekiel 34:11-16.

The problem with this reasoning is while Adam and Eve disobeyed they had disobeyed God, not some manmade reasonings that have added to bible accounts in a feeble attempt to gain authority over fellow christians. They attempt to show Eves independant spirit and in a subconscience manner equate this too any who dare question the Governing Body. Since when is following clear biblical knowledge being independant of God when a Organization attempts to intercept itself into a relationship between God, Christ, and the Christian. When one fails to see the logic in the Societys reasoning and failed time dates, and even showing clear biblical reasoning that is evident the Society is in error, they in effect are asking that one put aside God's word and rather accept man's reasoning or a Societys reasoning as more authoritive. They have basically made the bible innefective and powerless against their human reasoning. They even go as far as making threats of eternal damnnation upon ones who would dare question, then they further attack such ones as being wolf like. Who really is wolf like when such a situation arrises? When one has serious inquiries as to the reasoning of certian shaky teachings is one met with a loving responce? Rather I think they need to correctly place the wolf like charactor where it is most fitting, that being applied not to ones with sincere question but rather to themselves, as they demonstrate on a continuous basis. I cannot fathom how so many people can swallow this type of reasoning and not see the clear contrast with the message found in God's word.

I may hope these quotes help and if any feel need to clarify upon them please do so as I have not alot of time this morning to reflect fully upon them.

Ticker

• Pole
    Pole
    The latest Watchtower contains one of those statements that makes you gasp in astonishment. In the main study article it says that Jehovah's Witnesses have "been labeled false prophets" - and that they are accused of being out of touch with reality, out of date.

Have you quoted this verbatim? If so - then it's a stunning word choice indeed. Every single word is usually carefully wieghted by the WTS writers and they never mention difficult issues and avoid calling a spade a spade. They must have actually deemed this issue serious enough to even try to dismiss this accusation.

Pole

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Metatron

They are deceivers. They have to lie, not only to 6 million JW's but to themselves.

At the end of the day, their goal is survival. They would lose everything if they just came out with the truth and admitted their mistakes.

They have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

The watchtower publishing wheels need to be oiled and turning.

The crap that comes from this religious literature factory is unspeakably bad.

The Daniel book currently being studied, is so far from the concept of reality. Remember how dubs were oohing and ahing when the timetable went up to 1991, re: Soviet Union and king of the North?

• Ticker
    Ticker
    In the last days," foretold Peter, "there will come ridiculers with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires and saying: 'Where is this promised presence of his? Why, ... all things are continuing exactly as from creation's beginning.' " (2 Peter 3:3,4) God's people(buzzword meaning only baptized JW's) are ridiculed as being out of touch with reality.

Why would one be equated as a ridiculer when they were the ones who for many years made the boastful claims of a destruction coming in 1914, 1925, 1975, and the Generation that will not pass away. One who fails to see how these claims had any Godly backing are quickly attacked by the Governing Body as being ridiculers. Much to the contrary, they are merely reflecting on God's word and in their personal reflection they find no where that God could have given support to such fanatical claims as to the coming destruction of the world. They are pronoucing that one must believe false reasoning or they are ridiculing, I am sorry but I cannot see any harmony in this sort of twisted reasoning. It is in effect a reasoning that attempts dispels them from the grave responsiblity of misleading others into past and current false and failed claims.

Though some study the Bible, they do not want to believe what it says.(buzzphrase meaning not accepting Society made doctrines even ones lacking any biblical support) They refuse to accept that Jehovah teaches his people through his faithful and discreet slave class of anointed Christians.

Since when is not accepting doctrines not found in the bible equated with not believing the bible? How can one say that not accpting or believing in a exagerated and invented doctrine coming from men is equal to refusing to accept God? This sort of reasoning makes me shake my head as to how ones can take this as sound and correct. If one cannont accept a teaching that is not found anywhere in the bible such as 607bce, or 1914, 1935, they are accused of refusing to accept God. This is blatantly manipulation tactics put upon thier members and another fist being smashed toword ones who dare expose such false reasonings.

Jehovah spoke to the people through an angel, providing what has come to be known as the Ten Commandments. (Exodus 20:1-17) Hence, there could be no doubt that these laws were from the Almighty.

Exactly, no doubt, it could be proven beyond doubt. Exactly how many of the time dates and doctrines of the Watchtower Society can claim such a status? Thiers unlike God's is everchaning and lacking any credentials as to their correctness. They dishonestly try to give wieght to their argument when in fact they have no proof or backing to their correctness.

Did you know, though, that anointed Christians possess something far more valuable than laws written on stone?

Another problem they teach that only 144,000 literal are annointed while yet flipflopping the interpretaion of this scripture between literal and symbolic. A practice that is dishonest and carries no scholory backing. If one cannont find evidence to support their teaching on the annointed how can one accept that they have anything of value? All they have done is twisted scriptures in an attempt to support an unbiblical teaching of a two tier class or christians. Inserting themselves in place of Christ as mediator, A position they have no right or authority to take.

The Israel of God is made up of spirit-anointed Christians. In time, they were joined by "a great crowd" from all nations who also seek to worship Jehovah. As "one flock" under "one shepherd," both groups embrace "the law of the Christ," allowing it to govern all that they do.

Again a JW doctrine compiled through out of context of scriptures, clear dishonest slanting of reasoning, and a adding of meaning to thoese scriptures that is clearly not their. One only needs to diligently research and cross reference these scriptures to find out that the Society's two tier system lacks any soundness or credential backing. Even being damned by thier own bible translation on this doctrine of theirs.

Ticker

• M.J.
    M.J.
    A second way that Satan tries to stop all Christians from reflecting God's glory is by ridicule. This tactic should come as no surprise. During his ministry on earth, Jesus Christ was ridiculed -- laughed at, sneered at, made fun of, treated insolently, and even spit upon. (Mark 5:40; Luke 16:14; 18:32) Early Christians were also objects of mockery. (Acts 2:13; 17:32) Modern-day servants of Jehovah face similar abuse...God's people are ridiculed as being out of touch with reality....To many, the message that we preach is foolishness. (1 Cor. 1:18,19) As Christians, we may face ridicule at school, at work, and at times even in the family circle.

...But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown. --- Carl Sagan

• myelaine
    myelaine

We know that in all fairness the Governing Body claims from time to time, that they are not phrophets and they are merely men and make mistakes.

MANIACAL PHARMACISTS, all of them!

michelle

• AlanF
    AlanF

Luke 21:8 has Jesus saying (NIV): "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them."

It's completely obvious that if anyone claims to come in Jesus' name (which the deceivers claiming to be "the faithful and discreet slave" certainly do) and proclaims that "the time is near" (which Watchtower leaders have done since Russell first published predictions about the future in 1876, and which they do to this very day), Jesus' instruction is "do not follow them". In other words, such men are false teachers and therefore false prophets. This is so obvious that JWs have no good answer when you challenge them with this scripture.

In 1994 I had the opportunity to challenge GB member Albert Schroeder about this. He tried and tried to avoid the question, but I persisted. He said, "You're not going to let go of this, are you?" I said, "No!" He said, "That scripture can't apply to us, because we're God's people!" I was both surprised and not surprised -- surprised that he'd actually say that, and not surprised because I already knew that Watchtower leaders consider themselves above what they claim to revere as the Word of God. When people consider themselves to be, in effect, above the law, they can do any amount of bad to others, and that's exactly what we see in so many areas of JW activity.

AlanF

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Jourles , I too found the quote regarding Jesus and Jehovah living together in heaven for billions of years. That statement certainly puts a spin on the way that I was led to believe growing up as a witness.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

During my fade, I've recently given this matter lots of thought. Here's what I realize about myself:

There were times that I did not always agree with WTS, but felt that everything & everybody else was so satanic & worldly that I had no where else to go. Besides, how could I live without my JW family (blood & 'spiritual')

Also, whenever I would begins to feel doubts, it must have been due to my failure to live up to some part of the unrealistic WT standards (not reading every magazine, not studying for every meeting, not getting enough hours in field service). This was even while I was in full-time service at the JW HQ.

As a faithful witness from infancy, I had cut off ALL non-JW relationships (family, friends, casual acquaintances) and had absolutely no one else with which to share my anti-theocratic ideas.

So, it's taken many years just for me to reach this point. In fact, if anyone challenged the WTS, I was forced to defend the WT out of fear.

I can somehow sympathize with those still locked up on the inside. WT has such high control, which is very slowly dissipating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit