A Religion in Massive Denial ( Wt 8/15)

by metatron 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

The latest Watchtower contains one of those statements that makes you gasp in astonishment. In the main study article

it says that Jehovah's Witnesses have "been labeled false prophets" - and that they are accused of being out of touch with reality,

out of date.

Clearly, Watchtower Headquarters is beginning to hear the outcry of hard fact against their self exalted claims. What sort of mindset

can metaphorically add 2 + 2 and come up with 5 as the answer? Should we accuse them of being brainwashed - or does deliberate

deceivers fit the situation?

Look, for any of you Bethel Lurkers who might be reading this, it's childishly simple: You have predicted the future for 120 years.

A person who predicts the future is called a "prophet". Your predictions have been dead wrong for 120 years, because the world

is still here. If you predict the future and it doesn't happen, that makes you a false prophet. Is there anything so difficult about that

fact? Or is the problem that your own stubborn self deception won't let you admit the simple truth?

This is a religion in deep denial at every level - and getting worse as day follows day. Where's the King of the North?

Why did you support the UN? How can you be 'faithful and discreet' while fighting in court for the legal right to cover up

child molesters? How can you flip flop on college like this?

They have no choice but to deny, deny deny - and ignore, ignore, ignore - while trying to keep Witnesses

too dumbed down to protest. They have no alternative because admitting the real truth about this failed

doomsaying religion would wreck them.

Their only defense is a lie mutually agreed upon. I can only wonder if , one day, the "dam will break" as they suddenly

awaken and realize that they've wrapped their lives around a fantasy.

metatron

• RunningMan
    RunningMan
    You have predicted the future for 120 years. A person who predicts the future is called a "prophet". Your predictions have been dead wrong for 120 years, because the world is still here. If you predict the future and it doesn't happen, that makes you a false prophet.

This is the piece of logic that I just cannot fathom. How can people not see this?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I asked my sister about this to which I got the reply, "some ran ahead of themselves." I almost spit out my coffee at that one. I was WTF does that mean? She tells me that some brothers got a little carried away, and I replied, you mean the ones on the Governing Body, Writing, and Service departments because that is where this crap came from? To which of course I got the blank stare and something about debating with non-believers which effectively ended the conversation.

This is the same sister that back in the 80's told me that if the end didn't come by the year 2000 she was going to have some serious thinking to do, I guess denial is better than thinking. And she is smart, 4.0 in high school etc. Never, ever, ever, underestimate the power of denial.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They often use this trick of claiming that something is false but they don't make any real effort to justify their positions, and if occasionally they do they have to get into lying and absurd reasonings.

Eg a false prophet is one that makes failed prophecies and then refuses to accept that he did so. If he admits to the fact (as the FDS does) then he is a genuine prophet. Splitting hair and redefining the basic meaning of words to suit themselves is a hall mark of the WTS and all crooks.

It goes back to the days of Russell with the so called invisible appearance of Christ concept, when the expected visible appearence failed to materialise.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    This is the piece of logic that I just cannot fathom. ; How can people not see this?

...reaching back into the JW-mindset that I grew up with, their response to that would be "no, we`re not prophets, we just interpret the Bible, and there`s no rule against that in the Bible..." ...but the problem is that they actually in several issues of their publications claim to be Gods prophet on earth, that God is using them as their "channel" (and what is someone used as Gods channel, if not a prophet?!), it was even stated once that angels were the messengers of God, that brought the "divine lights" to the WTBTS. Thats the problem...but try showing the average JW one of those publications...they`d dismiss it as fabrications. It`s ridicolous.

• minimus
    minimus

MET, can you or anyone else put the quotes up??

• myelaine
    myelaine

metatron,

you said: Should we accuse them of being brainwashed - or does deliberate deceivers fit the situation?

don't we already accuse them of both and more? If they are truly brainwashed...light will bring them out of the darkness. If they are truly deceivers....they will wax worse and worse until the bitter end of them.(see 2tim3:13)

michelle

• greendawn
    greendawn

There can be no doubt that the GB of the jws are deceivers and hypocrites that pretend they can't grasp certain basic facts of the bible or of life.

• Ticker
    Ticker
    reaching back into the JW-mindset that I grew up with, their response to that would be "no, we`re not prophets, we just interpret the Bible, and there`s no rule against that in the Bible..." ...but the problem is that they actually in several issues of their publications claim to be Gods prophet on earth, that God is using them as their "channel"

I have put thoese quotes up minimus in another thread about a week ago on this very subject about their claiming to be phrophets. I will put some of thoese same qoutes on here and maybe tonight after work i'll list even more.

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker

We know that in all fairness the Governing Body claims from time to time, that they are not phrophets and they are merely men and make mistakes. This admission usually follows a blatant and embaressing failure of some englossed speculation that proved false. But do they clearly not claim the role of a phrophet or do they like to ride the fence, hence double standard example 2. They have their followers believing two contrasting beliefs at once. Another clear form of thought control and a treadmill of insanity.

Now as to their brief mentions of never claiming to be infalliable and being imperfect, well in reality the actual practice is very different and contrasting form their claims of being imperfect and prone to error. One quickly realizes that this rule only applies to past failed predictions and changed doctrines, and not to current Watchtower teachings. Witnesses are to view current teachings as though they were infallible and above honest questioning. Even though they have admitted error, it has still not humbled their approach in that pherhaps their current teachings could also suffer from human error due to imperfection. To the contrary they hold the stance that "you should accept everything published as absolute truth until such time we may tell you it isn't."

They claim to be imperfect on one note and yet boast these claims found in the Watchtower.

*** w64 6/15 365 Jehovah, the God of Progressive Revelation ***

22 As Jehovah revealed his truths by means of the first-century Christian congregation so he does today by means of the present-day Christian congregation. Through this agency he is having carried out prophesying on an intensified and unparalleled scale. All this activity is not an accident. Jehovah is the one behind all of it.

I would also like to note the 1971 "The Nations Shall Know that I Am Jehovah" Pg. 292,

" 36 None of us should want to be like these indecicive, unresponding ones! Better it is to know now, rather than too late, that there is an authentic prophetic class of Christians among us, and to accept and act upon the Bible message, "not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God"(1 Thessalonians 2:13) Concerning the message faithfully delivered by the Ezekiel class Jehovah positively states that it "must come true." He asseverates that those who wait undecided until it does "come true" will also have to know that a prophet himself had proved to be in the midst of them." (Ezekiel 33:33) Such belated knowledge, however, will not mean salvation for them, for it will find their hearts and their ways to be unchanged.

37 What is to be gained by hesitating and doubting to the end that Jehovah can raise up and has raised up a genuine "prophet" within our generation? Certainly it will gain for no one the divine favor and protection needed during the speedily approaching "great tribuation" upon Christendom and the rest of Babylon the Great."

Many more examples as these ones are among only a few cited in ISOCF. Any witness who can not say thier is a real dishonesty and a clear double think standard, is either totally oblivious to the fact or is in complete self denial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit