Did you ever use these?

by Bumble Bee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I remember having used those pens but only for a short period of time.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Do you mean the pens that are white on the top and have a blue body - made in France? I still use them for my daily pens at work. Notes in different colors and marking up technical papers.

Should I give them up now that I'm no longer in the cult?

• free2think
    free2think

Yeah I used to use them. I remember really wanting one for a really long time and finally getting one. I was so happy. I used one colour to underline and another one to write my answers. What a nerd huh!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Yeah I used to use them. I remeber really wanting one for a really long time and finally getting one. I was so happy. I used one colour to underline and another one to write my answers. What a nerd huh!

Until someone comes up with a better example, I humbly submit my uncle as the master of underlining WT articles. Let me state at the outset that he is schizophrenic. Anyhow, he would have an arsenal of pens, markers, and crayons at his disposal. Every WT article looked like a child's coloring book when he was done. The most crucial and important words would be heralded in verdant crayon hues, and key points would recieve vibrant underlining. No color would go unused. It were as if he were giving himself notes on what words would recieve the most stress by how colorfully they were highlighted. The word "Jehovah" would be coronated in goldenrod crayon, with goldenrod rays of light. Somehow, aside from all the colorfully chaotic underlining, he had space for copious margin notes written in pen.

I remember taking a look at his studied WT and wondering how he could decipher it all, or how it all made any sense. I wondered, how can giving fantastic importance to each thought make it stand out if every answer seems to stand out ostentaciously? But it was at least pretty to look at, that much I remember. I also remembered how weathered and dog-eared his watchtowers were, from copious illustrating.

My dad was more or less the yin to my uncle's yang in terms of underlining. Everything had to be underlined in pen, with a ruler, and no deviation from this plan would be acceptable. Every cassette tape case in the house has inky top edges from his years and years of underlining using this method. When no cassette cases were at hand, he would use a wooden ruler; every ruler in the house has an inky edge, too.

• Zico
    Zico
    another one to write my answers

You were allowed to write out your answers? This would have been a big sin in my house.

What a nerd huh!

Yep.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Firstly.

I read this thread and thought "Hey Katie's back!!" and then I realised that it was a resurrected thread

Anyone know where she's got to?

Secondly.

I NEVER used coloured pens or anything. It's nearest thing to a phobia I've got. I can't bring myself to mark/deface a book - even at WT! It used to make me cringe to see all the markers, highlighters and underlining.

• free2think
    free2think
    another one to write my answers
    You were allowed to write out your answers? This would have been a big sin in my house.
    What a nerd huh!
    Yep.

Thanks Zico!How come you weren't allowed to write out your answers?

• Zico
    Zico

'How come you weren't allowed to write out your answers'

It had to 'come from the heart'

So I just memorised them before hand.

• free2think
    free2think
    It had to 'come from the heart'

heart schmart!

• anewme
    anewme

Oh yeah I used those funny pens until the vibrant markers came out. THEN PUBLISHERS CLEAR AT THE OTHER END OF THE ROOM COULD SEE HOW STUDIOUS I WAS AND RIGHTEOUS!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit