Governing Body Members Are you ready for a Mass Exodus and Reproach!!!

by frankiespeakin 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I agree that their numbers are on their way down, but I doubt the numbers will go down rapidly like they have in the past (Mass exodus after failed 1914, failed 1925, etc).

The past mass exoduses were caused by major date setting failures and major changes in doctrine. The WTS has learned from its mistakes and now will not make the mistake of overt date setting. Regarding major changes in doctrine, the WTS no longer uses a central leader like Russell, Rutherford, Franz, Knor, etc... instead all doctrine is now decided by committee. This causes doctrine to become much more stable while still changing slightly when faced with blatant realities (1914 Generation change in 1995 after it became painfully obvious that the past doctrine was not true).

Since committees now control everything, the end result will be a very gradual decline in their numbers as more and more people become exhausted from the burdensome load the WTS puts on people.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    <------------- "double agents"
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It is very ironic that the WTS's policies of shunning and persecution of anyone with opposing views will only cause the WTS more harm.

The more the organization oppresses dissenting views the more the dissenters are forced into the underground. The end result is a large population of people with dissenting views hiding in plain site throughout the organization. Instead of helping the organization grow they are all doing as little as possible. It is like trying to keep a boat moving forward while it is taking on water.

• kls
    kls
    I agree that their numbers are on their way down, but I doubt the numbers will go down rapidly like they have in the past (Mass exodus after failed 1914, failed 1925, etc).

True Else but i think there are so many jws just waiting their time to exit that if something big would hit the papers or the news , there would be a large exit. I think so many are on the brink but need something that will put the nail in the coffin for them.

• freedom96
    freedom96

It would be very interesting to find out how many people in bethel have read stuff here and started to doubt, whether in secret or not.

• heathen
    heathen
    I think so many are on the brink but need something that will put the nail in the coffin for them.

Yah well jeeze if pedophilia , the UN scandal , murder for refusing of blood transfusions , malawie and any number of other reasons like false prophesy aren't enough, there just is no accounting for human stupidity ...................

• frankiespeakin
  • defd
    defd

And I don't believe the GB reads this but Bethel monitors wight be getting a kick out of us.

I know I am

• Legolas
    Legolas

Heathen wrote

Yah well jeeze if pedophilia , the UN scandal , murder for refusing of blood transfusions , malawie and any number of other reasons like false prophesy aren't enough, there just is no accounting for human stupidity ...................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit