Name Some Double Standards of Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Here's one: A JW cannot lie ' Liars are subject to the "second death". But if you "lie" for the interests of the Organization, suddenly it's not a "lie" after all! Why? Because the opposers are not "entitled" to know. So it's ok....... Any others that you can think of???

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

ADULT BIBLE STUDIES: Encouraged to question childhood religious beliefs (e.g. going to heaven after you die, Jesus is God, etc.) and have an open mind about new possibilities.

TEENAGERS RAISED IN THE TROOTH: Forbidden to question childhood religious beliefs and have an open mind about new possibilities.

• myelaine
    myelaine

minimus,

when I first started a "book study" I happily pulled out an old bible that Pastor Terry Winter had been giving away free. This was ok, for the first study. Then the next study, for ease of understanding, I dug out my old 1961 NWT. Well... that was whisked out of my hands and I was presented with a "new" NWT quicker than you can say "old light".

All this before I even knew about all the lies!

Is this a double standard? Or just a funny story?

michelle

• minimus
    minimus

Christian wife could put up a Christmas tree if unbelieving husband says so but if unbelieving wife and kids wanted it, and he did it, he'd be df'd for apostasy.

• minimus
    minimus

myelaine, why are you so coherent?

• myelaine
    myelaine

what do you mean? are you being sarcastic? I'm trying to be friends you know.

michelle

• upside/down
    upside/down

We're ALL "imperfect"....

but J has a soft spot for Dubs...so their "imperfection" is excused.

Everyone else is f*cked...

u/d (of the highly illogical class)

• minimus
    minimus

Of course I'm teasing you. It was just the 1st time you didn't answer in the weird fashion you're known for. Welcome to the forum, myelaine.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Advanced Education is ONLY for those who will use it to support their pioneering..

Those who don't want to pioneer...it's dipsh*t central for you.

u/d (of the funny how all the elders kids go to university to "pioneer" but never "pioneer" class.....hmmm)

• orion
    orion

Elders kids mistakes are overlooked were as other kids would be reproved for the littlest thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit