How is it ?

by CelticBoy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• CelticBoy
    CelticBoy

New on here,

There are obviously quite a few people on this forum that are still active JW,

I just want to ask the question,

That how, in this day of easy accsess to valid documented and verifiable information, (these people obviously have internet)

can a person remain within this organisation ?

regards.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I think cos they are warned not to look for stuff like that. Even if they stumble upon it... they are brain washed into automatically thinking its Satan trying to mislead them. For a witness to find out the 'truth about the truth' they have to being asking questions that the GB/Elders etc cant answer or questions they know they shouldnt ask.

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Welcome CelticBoy

You'll find that the “active JWs” on this board are faking it for their family due to the shunning that would result if they openly criticised the organisation or for many other possible reasons. There are a few that come here to tell us what Satan worshipping scum we are but they unfortunately don't stay for a chat.

I wouldn't put absolute faith in the information on the Internet and many JWs will deny facts if they are written on any medium. Add to that the mind control methods of the org it is no wonder that so many ignore what is in front of them.

So tell us a little about yourself.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Your told to not read "ANY" apostate material, it's all lies!

• Legolas
    Legolas

I forgot to say " Welcome"!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Me too, welcome to the site. So who, what, when, how and why?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Welcome!!

JWs stay in either because of blinders or rose colored glasses!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Welcome! and also yeah they are instructed not to read anything thats not directly from them (I think they know you might learn something if you do.

• kls
    kls

Welcome Celticboy, you have to understand that many have family in and if they were to leave the cult their family will shun them, so many stay in for family.

• potleg
    potleg

welcome celticboy, It can be tough leaving the org and as kls said many stay for family reasons also I think some stay "just in case" the org is right (no chance)kinda like an insurance policy. Too, some people have so many years in already they just can't throw it all away now (they should). Maybe they're old and their whole life has been given to the WTS, they have the mentality that says I'm too old to change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit