WHAT WAS YOUR EUREKA MOMENT?

by badboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

When you realized something was up!

• Honesty
    Honesty

When the elders were more worried about how it would appear for me to meet the ex at the KH to see my children. I wasn't DA'd, DF'd, etc. Just fading and they said it would give the appearance to the congregation that the elders approved of me divorcing the abusive woman.

• roybatty
    roybatty

I was early for an elders meeting. Sitting there alone in the KH library I started reading one of Joe Rutherford's books. What the Proclaimers book said he wrote and what he actually did write were two completely, differnt versions. As I was reading my mind was going "WTF"?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When I heard that I was going to have to go to my 999 elder's meeting for riding around with boys from school--- but yet my stepdad, a MS was sexually molesting me-- and my mom knew it!!

I just kinda cracked-

shelley

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A judicial case I refused to sit on - a sister - who was begging for a shepherding call for years - husband son of an elder - gave her zero attention guess how long for a shepherding call

(I will give you a hint - runs into years)

She then gets attention from another man at her place of work. She confesses - how long to form a JC and publicly reprove her?

(I will give you a hint but it is measured in a time period of under 72 hours

You can almost feel the love over the internet cant you?

• Confession
    Confession

There were many flashpoints through the years--none of which had any substantive impact on me--but which nonetheless gave me pause. The biggie was when I was serving as chairman on a Judicial Committee. The accused was my closest friend. There were two accusers who told the same story, but despite being a beloved, long-time, mature elder, he simply would not confess. I considered the possibility that he had confessed to Jehovah--but didn't think confession to congregation elders was necessary. In an attempt to help my brother, I conducted deep research into the subject of confession. I was shocked at what I found.

While the WT Society condemned Catholic confession, it struck me that there was no legitimate difference. Furthermore, in scrutinizing James 5:14-16, I could not see how it described the situation that existed in the congregation. In the absence of any other corroborating Christian scripture, and the abundance of admissions by the WT Society themselves that " Such confession is not because any human serves as “helper [“advocate,” RS]” for man with God, since Christ alone fills that role by virtue of his propitiatory sacrifice. (Insight on the Scriptures), I was convinced they themselves must have been aware of this contradicion.

They knew that it was God who forgives--and He who we're supposed to confess to--but they reserved the right to disfellowship you and have you shunned by your entire family and only community of friends you ever knew if you didn't confess to them--and even if you didn't confess right away!

It's for this reason I took the name Confession when I first found this board and was trying to find others who'd discovered the same thing.

• zulukai
    zulukai

For me it was the moment I realized that the elders were more concerned about me telling someone that my jw husband was abusive to me, thus bringing reproach on the religion, than they were about doing something about the abuse.
    They then tried to make my reaction to the abuse look as if I was mentally unstable. The day after, they sent another elder to see me who informed me that he too had had emotional problems in the past and was in a mental institution for a while. That was it. The whole scam flashed before my eyes and I saw that it really was nothing more than an evil, mindscrewing cult. Good riddence to bad rubbish.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

The Heidi Meyer child molestation scandal, where my elders claimed that the guy spearheading the movement was a former JW lawyer that had an axe to grind and how she was just a disfellowshipped person looking for revenge.

That's when I knew that they looked out for their own interests rather than the interests of the congregation and I bolted.

• greendawn
    greendawn

For me it was when an elderly member of the annointed who had faithfully served the org for 50 years asked to be given 10 minutes to give a short talk to the congo and he was turned down by the elders.

There was much animosity against him at the time so I said: what's going on why should the 20 or so GB members have the monopoly of talking to the congos, in what way are they better than this annointed?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

POWER PRESTIGE PU$$Y The Jehovah Contract, hardcover The saga of the, COOLS vs. the GEEKS

The trifecta of the 3 P's and they are, Power, Prestige,Pu$$y and the compulsion to be "COOL" at all cost.What it means to be 'exemplary'.Exemplary means that you '$how what you owe'.

In 1989 a leading elder { that I trusted } taps me on the shoulder and tells me how he has telephoned the WT$ H.Q. Ivory tower,to inquire on,"how much longer can it last"."It can only 'last' just a few more months is the ominous reply".

Yes sir, this is heavy on my heart. Just how will I be 'found in the day of Jehovah's anger'?Will I 'probably' be saved?How do I conduct myself with the horrific death of nearly 6 billion men women and small children on my conscience?Will I be found 'blood-guilty' for not serving Jehovah to the fullest.[Col.3:23]

Who, should I look to as an example?What about the resident'Bethelite'?He just did a stint at Brooklyn and was a ministerial servant,and is looked up to as "exemplary". He is also considered to be the 'coolest' guy in the hall.In fact he drives a 'cool' two door Saab coupe.{the sisters are drooling over him}.He also subscribes to 'worldly',Rolling stone and Spin magazines.So he can be current with all the latest coolest 'worldly'. trends.

In contrast,I have heeded the WT$'s directive to only purchase a modest,$1,500.00 four door family style sedan.it's very plain and ordinary (geeky) I think it s**ks,I'm a 4X4 pickup man myself.But the Ivory tower say's only buy four door sedans to facilitate,'car groups' for the sacred door to door 'field service'.

I'm making $50,000.00 a year and I drive a 's**t box'.because i am donating all my profits to the Watchtower $ociety.I am also at (age 29) still living with mom and dad, to economize on living expenses. I keep my nearly blind from birth mom,furnished with all the necessary appliances for sure.I even bought her a 25" color TV from K-mart.While the most popular( exemplary) family in the church has a wide screen TV.

I bought with cash, for a pioneer, a better car than I have.I am giving Thousands of dollars to the Watchtower's world wide work,while my family and I lives modestly.

For all my sincere earnest toil and goodness,I am loathed and ridiculed by my brothers and sisters at the Rockland Massachusetts congregation.

Sneering at me behind my back.Yes,they tried to pin a 'kick me sign' on my back.Squeezed into their mold a dumb geek,"who is so dum,why he doesn't have the sense to be cool like us".

This is the event that set me free.The god of these ass"wholes" is not the god i will serve. Are you looking for my ground zero?If my family and i hadn't been f**ked over by the Rockland Massachusetts kingdom hall,just think you wouldn't be reading this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit