Comments You Will Not Hear at the 7-24-05 WT Study (Parents)

by blondie 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie
    I am suprised to see all this swearing going on,

The first swear word I remember hearing came from the mouth of my JW mother as we drove home from the KH.

I remember the day that the book study conductor took me with him in field service and one of the householders started swearing at us. The brother got into a fight with him swearing just as good as he got.

I remember the day I visited another little sister at her home only to hear her elder dad swearing at his wife (at least I knew it wasn't only my parents).

I remember the day I was at a quick build and the brother in charge of the framing came over and used the S word and the F word because another brother had not followed directions.

I don't like swear words, but let's be realistic, JWs swear too.

Blondie

Let JWs not think that their excrement doesn't smell.

• defd
    defd

Blondie i agree with you. And i am truely sorry for the BAD witness you got. The bottom line is however, those individuals who claim to serve Jehovah and speak that way will have to answer for that. Just be determined not to FOLLOW there course of conduct.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I think we have just witnessed another article designed to control minds with respects to the family and how it should operate within the WTS...

Nice going Blondie...great watchtower study...next time when I put my hand up will you please let me answer?

• blondie
    blondie

defd, I will tell you type of words that did come out of most of the JWs I have known over the last 50 years, 2 continents, and 12 countries, 4 languages.

Gossip, malicious gossip, and outright lies from those who were supposed to be examples, elders, their wives, MS, their wives, regular pioneers, Bethelites. Never a swear word one in their little stories, but much more nasty and God dishonoring. I have also met many non-JWs who don't swear, and are honest as the day is long.

It is not a religious label that makes a person Christian, it is what they do.

Blondie

• defd
    defd

Blondie you couldnt be more correct. I have experienced the samething in the Congregation I attend. I had a freind of 7 yrs and just recently found out he has been talking about me and gossiping behind my back for yrs. I found out something about him that i never knew. It made me mad. I confronted him about it. I basiclly told him he was wrong and that i will not have freinds who are like that. I still go to the meetings. I stay away from the bad ones. The bible did say that there would be bad ones within, did it not?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Defd, I am one of the "good ones" who will never be a JW. In my congregation, "bad ones" are not expelled, but they are also not tolerated. They are given loving and persistent correction on their behavior.

Is it truly God's organization where gossip and malicious behavior is tolerated?

• defd
    defd

Jgnat

Just look at the history of Gods people. For the most part they were stiff necked, immoral, idolatrous hypocrites. That didnt change the fact that they were Gods chosen people or his channel of true worship did it? No it did not.Even when Jesus appeared on the scence and changed everything. Christian Cong were formed and the problems didnt go away. In the book of Revelations Jesus is talking to the seven Cong. the ones he held in his hand. ALL but one had some people problems. That didnt change the fact that they were still his Congregations did it? No, he basiclly said if they dont straighten up, They will pay the price. We for our part we need to be firmly resolved not to be like others. The Apostle Paul even stated to look at the FAITHFUL ones and imitate there course. As for the one doing bad, stay away from them.Thats what i am doing within my Congregation.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I understand where you are coming from, defd, but I respectfully disagree. I don't believe in the JW doctrine of "chosen groups". It says in the bible that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills. I take that to mean that God owns all things good. God does not chose or own or tolerate evil people, just because those people happened to be part God's chosen group that year. Annanias and Sapphira.

Look at the heroes in the bible who were "foreigners". They were full of God's grace, though they were not Isrealites. Some of these "foreigners" are in Jesus' bloodline.

• defd
    defd

I agree with you also. I dont mind a different opionion. Look at judas iscariot. He was chosen by Jesus to be a disciple. One of the 12 disciples. Yet he betray our lord and Savior. He put on a pretence of Godly obedience. Now just because he did such a terrible thing could we conclude that the group he was in ws not right? Kinda like lumping EVERYONE in the same mold.

• anewme
    anewme

Blondie that was alot of work! Wow I havent attended a Watchtower Study for years! Now I am so much more aware of subtle mind control tactics. I am so much more an independant thinker since I left the org. I do miss having the W & A delivered to my home like the old days though. Now you have to go to the hall and get them. Fat chance Im going to do that! Hey, this would be the perfect religion! Live on my remote mountain top and get the W article and other meeting parts right here off this website! Our questions and answers could be our chat. And instead of singing during the intermissions we can get up and have a snack. I could even swear a little in the background in my own home and no one would know or be bothered! I could reprove myself and repent and forgive myself and feel better and be back in good standing for the next meeting!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit