Elders

by sammielee24 17 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Just curious - it seems like there are quite a few ex-elders around the site....how many are you? I enjoy reading stories from the inside...

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, we have a few, including me. I lasted nearly a decade. Worst ten years of my life.

• voltaire
    voltaire

I was an elder for several years. I think that the controversies and clashes on the body had a lot to do with my losing faith in the society.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i wasnt an elder.. i didnt have the requirements.... ( a penis)

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

My father is an elder but I wasn't a sister elder's daughter. He was (and still is) such a huge gossip! When I turned 19 and decided to move to another congregation (one closer to home - he was helping a congregation in need on the other side of town) he told me that he was sorry we weren't in the same congregation because he wouldn't know what was going on with me gone! Needless to say, I quit talking to him about anything except the weather.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    i wasnt an elder.. i didnt have the requirements.... ( a penis)

LMAO!!! hahahahaha! May I ask, what do elders do? And as previous elders did you guys notice and tried to cover up any errors or disfellowshipped anyone? and would you ever let a woman do a speech or play a role in a drama act? Evanescence

• greendawn
    greendawn

I also enjoy reading elder insider stories the bottom line is that a decent compasionate elder will not be an elder for long as the mindset of the org is non compassionate he will either step down or get removed.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

A friend of mine used to be an elder - and he said it was quite sickening & how some of the elders wanted every single detail if fornication was committed - almost as if they got off on it.

The elders I came across were pretty much the same but I never used to indulge them

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Evanascence-

May I ask, what do elders do?

Now THAT is the eternal question! They are kinda like puppets....

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Baptized in 1970 after knowing about the "truf" since 1961.

Served as an elder from 1986 to 1991.

the bottom line is that a decent compasionate elder will not be an elder for long as the mindset of the org is non compassionate he will either step down or get removed.

I guess this is the reason I resigned........The mindset of my fellow elders.....not only in my KH but all the others I dealt with.

To me.....putting an uneducated and untrained man in the position to supposedly guard the spirituality of others is like taking a high school dropout and putting him in charge of a fortune 500 company.

Most elders and ministerial servants I ever knew were totally enthralled with the position rather than the responsibility. The elders especially tried to weasel out of any sheparding assignments.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit