Reality TV: Venus & Serena Williams

by myself 13 Replies latest jw friends

• myself
    myself

It's almost time for their new show tonight 9pm CST. I wonder if they will mention their ties to the JW's?

• orbison11
    orbison11

yes i am also,,,,,i have a thing about jw celebrities getting away with,,,,ummm,,,,,,flag waving, etc

orbi

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Thanks, I'm on it like white on....er... nevermind. I'll watch it. ;-)

• myself
    myself

hmmm, the Atty sister has taken over mom's role because mom isn't around much anymore.

Yoga???? but she did mention she was religious, wonder if she gets to count her time, next week she can count her return visits if she makes another little mention of being religious. If they make a video to sell, they might be able to count their placement.

Stay tuned for next weeks episode of their wild and wacky adventures

• mad max
    mad max

Did not even know they were or are JW or even connected here in South Africa.

Thought that JW could not be competative, my kid could not participate in ANY sports.

Please keep us updated as in South Africa if you do not have DSTV, then we stuck with 4 well 3 channels as the one is a pay channel and lots just cannot afford it.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I saw just the beginning of their show when they were eating in an expensive restaurant and talking to friends about how much nicer more materialistic their lives are.

• Daunt
    Daunt

I saw a commercial for this show and I just kinda laughed. I wouldn't mind more information on what you guys thought about the show though. Yoga? Materialistic? Ah yes the book (and it's organization) that can change hearts is strong.

• freedom96
    freedom96

While they have a JW background, from what I have seen, they are nothing like the normal rank and file witness. I would be shocked if they did much personal study, or attended most, if any meetings, and I don't really see them going out in service.

I could be wrong..... but the things I have seen them do and act on tv etc, does not match with WTS requirements. If they are even baptized, in the hall I attended, they would have been df'd a long time ago.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Good for them that despite being raised JW they are pursuing their dream but *good god* it's fairly annoying for them to put themselves out there as the devout JW poster children -- it's a dishonest recruitment tactic IMHO.

I think that is the biggest reason why these girls are starting to get on my nerves.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

As many as 20 million Americans practice yoga in pursuit of physical or mental fitness, with a little Om along the way.

Sachin Tendulkar, football's Eddie George, Shannon Sharpe and Amani Toomer; baseball pitchers Barry Zito and Al Leiter, star hockey goalie Sean Burke and NBA superstar Kevin Garnett and Shaquille O'Neal, as well as pro golfers and tennis player, Pete Sampras, Leander Paes, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, John McEnroe http://www.atributetohinduism.com/Yoga_and_Hindu_Philosophy.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit