The next cover-up or scandal?

by kwintestal 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

What's it going to be?

My personal thoughts are this. With the population aging and with JW's becomming incresingly poor, there will be a lot more Elder abuse, and I don't mean congregation elders, but elderly people.

Does anyone know of this taking place in the congregations?

Kwin

• upside/down
    upside/down
    there will be a lot more Elder abuse, and I don't mean congregation elders

too bad... I would actually like to see "elder abuse"....not elderly abuse.

u/d (of the they'd deserve it class)

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

Increasingly poor ??? You HAVE to be kidding . . .check out the financial statements . . and don't yer know they're moving zillions from the US into the UK so they benefit from the charity and tax laws here. NOT poor.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The last congo I was in about 1998-99.......an elderly sister who just thought the world of me (because of our same ethnic backgrounds)(and who was in and out of hospitals due to age related health concerns.......she was in her 80's) confided in me that she made the PO her executor and also gave him power of attorney since she had no other family. She went on to tell me that the PO wanted her to leave HIM her house when she died and tried his best to have her change the will. And that some money was missing from her accounts. The dude already had his own home but I guess greed raised its ugly head. This was confirmed to me by another Bro. who I was very close to.

Well, this Sis. would not give in to him and still had enough mental capability to call an attorney to give everything to the KH upon her death. (I guess you could say that her assets were still wasted because this KH is still meeting at the very old and outdated building) At this time I was already inactive and I went to her funeral anyway because she was a gem. The real surprize came when an elder from the KH asked me to be a pall bearer because he knew that this old Sis. loved me.

At least she is at rest now......whatever awaits us beyond!

HappyDad

• kls
    kls

I hope the childabuse issue against the wt opens wideup and and just explodes with huge headlines , then the wt has to pay it's victims and make a world apology to them and admit that they were lying and knew of the abuses.

• upside/down
    upside/down

So how come the Catholic Church gets hammered on abuse...and the WTS skates?

WTF!!!

u/d (of the I'm sure these guys work for Satan class)

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS as an organisation is too rich to worry about anything but the jws as individuals may be getting poorer.

• kls
    kls
    So how come the Catholic Church gets hammered on abuse...and the WTS skates?

WTF!!!

U/D , i wish i knew

• Daunt
    Daunt

It's all about the pop culture. Mostlikely there has been stories of Roman Catholic preists molesting individuals for years, but some influx of popularity brung the story to life and more and more people talked about it. In media it's usually not about something happening. It's about how entertaining or how popular something can be.

But I can't give a good answer as to why JW's aren't being in the news. JW's are an easy target to folks like poking fun at them knocking on doors.

• upside/down
    upside/down

You'd think the courts and media would have a field day crucifying the WTS... nobody likes them...NOBODY!

And what journalist or lawyer wouldn't want to crack that case?

Something don't add up...

u/d (of the WTS = "Teflon Theology" class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit