227 District Conventions in U.S. - Some Ideas

by TheListener 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

What would really be interesting would be to an estimate/analysis (similar to the above) of foreign-language JWs over the past 10 years, and try to see the rate of increase/decrease for English-speaking vs. non-English-speaking publishers.

I'd bet a nickel you'd see near double-digit growth among the foreign language groups, and a significant decrease (- 3%? - 5%?) per year for the English publishers.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    The question I ask is...How many of these 7K-8K are AWAKE!!!

8K people all sleeping or in a near coma state...I would call it a non-event.

Too funny and so true. Glad i can sleep at home now, horizontally instead of propped up in a chair.

S

• upside/down
    upside/down

I remember being in such an uncomfortable stupor...

that when the clapping started...I'd just bolt upright and start clapping myself...

Did it once...on a false alarm...and boy did I look silly.\

u/d (of the Disorganized Seven Day Horizontalist's class)

• TheListener
    TheListener

ROFLMAO at upside/down. I've done that too. Man was I embarrassed. That's even worse than dropping your bible as you nod off and the noise jerks you awake. Everyone knows what happened!

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

The DC I went to in Rochester had max of about 4800 for three days, of that 18 were baptized. At that location I believe they do 5 or 6 conventions though its a combination of people from Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Low point attendence wise was 4300.

Hope that helps.

• thom
    thom

I seem to remember hearing a few years ago that the intention was to have smaller conventions but more of them. Not sure the reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit