Jehovah's Witness evangelist killed.

by Big Jim 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

I feel very bad for this woman, regardless of poor judgment on her part. She was trying to help another person, and didn't prejudge him, even though he was a murderer.

What gets me is the insensitivity of some of the posts above. The fact is that the murderer was at fault. Yes, we must exercise caution; Yes, it was not a good idea for her to invite him in without anyone else present (or PERIOD for that matter).

But this situation is the same in principle as a woman who is raped because she was wearing a short dress. The rapist--NOT THE WOMAN--is at fault.

JW's are human beings first and foremost (at least most of them). Even though they can be cruel and unkind, they do not deserve to be killed. They are just as entitled to believe as they wish as we are. We don't have to agree, but nevertheless, they are still entitled.

And that is (or should be) the difference between them and us. They judge us as evil, and the rest of the world as bad. We must not reciprocate; otherwise, we are just like them.

I do not wish to be like them. I suspect you don't either.

Only when enough individuals begin to show deep respect and high regard for the human condition--regardless of beliefs--will humanity step up to a higher plane of existence.

FP

"The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine

Visit my Websites:
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest

Empower the Spirit: http://www.EmpowerTheSpirit.com

• waiting
    waiting

There was a movie based on a doctor's life a couple of years ago - Robin Williams played the doctor "Patch........"

The doctor is a genius with a brilliant sense of humor. He's also in love with a beautiful resident who he enlists to help him start a low-income style clinic. She works with all kinds of people.

One man, who is known to them, calls her to come help him - suicidal or something. It's at night, she thinks she shouldn't go - but wants to help the man. She goes - he kills her because he's mental.

Was she stupid? She was a doctor. Was she misguided? Maybe, she was trying to help a fellow man with her skills. Should she have had another person there? Yes, and they both might have been killed - or neither. That's hindsight - and nobody can say.

The rapist--NOT THE WOMAN--is at fault. - FreePeace

The killer, the rapist - it's their fault. The victim is not at fault. Was it a smart move? No - but they don't deserve to be brutalized/murdered for being misguided.

Lord, this same type of account was on H20 last year. I brought up the point - what if one of her family happens to click on (being jw's looking for an answer to this insanity) and they see the post where some are calling the murdered woman stupid, deserved to be killed, one less jw, etc.

Yeah, they're sure to stick around to find some answers 'round here.

waiting

ps: Just as bad, the Awake! magazine had an article on the pregnant jw woman who was murdered last year. It was a couple of months ago.

• circe
    circe

FreePeace,

Hi! Remember me from H20?

I agree with the sentiments presented in your post. I keep thinking: "That could have been my mom."

My mom is a loving, wonderful person who trusts way too much. She's a Witness. So what!?! So was I at one time and I wised up. Maybe my mom will wise up. Maybe that DEAD woman would have eventually wised up! Now we'll never know. What a waste. So sad.

circe aka circegirl

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Hey Circe!!!

I just saw earlier today that you had posted! (I was looking over Think41Self's shoulder).

It is good to see you here! We'll have to get into some heavy philosophical "stuff" now. Maybe Dedalus and some others will join in. (Haven't seen Radar or Axel here).

I haven't been posting much, but T41Self keeps me informed.

How is Felix? Tell him hello.

Good to "see" you again. Thanks for your comments too, it was a human tragedy.

FP

"The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine

Visit my Websites:
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest

Empower the Spirit: http://www.EmpowerTheSpirit.com

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

So very sad!! Despite her naievte (sp?) bottom line is she trusted too much and had a feeling for others.
    I have to agree completely with Think41Self. Also Waiting, I loved that movie. Cried my eyes out.
    We need more people in the world who have true concern for others, but we also need to have soundness of mind when dealing with anyone, because we can never know how others minds work.
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit