Jehovah's Witness evangelist killed.

by Big Jim 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Jim
    Big Jim

Jehovah's Witness evangelist killed

AFTER HEARING WORD MAN STABS SECTARIAN WITH KNIVES
    Moskovskii komsomolets, 31 July 2001

With extreme cynicism and brutality an ex-convict made short work of a female sectarian from the "Jehovah's Witnesses" religious society. He had just been released from prison where he served a term for murder. The Muscovite had invited him to her home to talk about God and after the talk the monster attacked her in the chest with two pairs of knives and plundered the apartment. Recently the Moscow City Court sentenced the murderer.

It has become known to MK that in October 2000 the twenty-nine-year-old Muscovite Sergei Sokolov was released from prison ahead of time on an amnesty and began living with his father in the capital. Two weeks after his release, on 1 November, around eleven in the morning Sokolov met two women near his house on Bolshaia Cherkizovskaia street. The women introduced themselves to Sokolov as evangelists from the "Jehovah's Witnesses" religious society and began a conversation about God. Solokov immediately told them that he recently served a prison term for murder. However the confession did not bother the women at all. Moreover, one of them, forty-nine-year-old Valentina Goncharova, presented the recent convict religious pamphlets and even invited him to visit her at any time if he had questions about the Bible (it seems they lived in the same building). At this the new acquaintances parted. But by noon Sokolov appeared at the apartment of the hospitable sectarian.

Goncharova was home alone; her husband was at work. Over tea the woman talked with the guest about her organization, about the belief in the Trinity, and about the Bible. At approximately three o'clock she interrupted the intense conversation and said that it was time for her to go to the hospital to visit a friend. Sokolov went into the entry and began to put on his coat while the hostess wrote down her phone number for him. But the guest did not plan to leave so quickly. The man suddenly attacked the evangelist with his fists and beat her about the face and neck and kicked her. Goncharova tried to resist and even scratched her attacker's nose and then ran into the kitchen, but Sokolov grabbed her by her skirt and threw her onto the floor. Then he grabbed from the table two pairs of knives and repeatedly plunged them into his victim's chest. After this the sadist stole from a vase on the dresser all the jewelry, five silver necklaces, a pair of gold earrings, and two wedding rings worth a total of 10,600 rubles.

The woman's body was discovered that evening by her husband when he returned from work. He summoned the police and telephoned the friend of his wife, who told the officers about their chance acquaintance with Sokolov. Several days later the murderer was arrested in his father's apartment. The blood of his victim was still on Sokolov's jeans and jacket.

The accused denied his involvement in the crime. Besides murder and robbery the investigation also incriminated Sokolov with attempted rape of the sectarian; the dead woman was found completely nude. However the sex charge was not proven. But even without this the court sentenced Sokolov to 18 years in prison with confiscation of property. (tr. by PDS, posted 1 August 2001)

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    Solokov immediately told them that he recently served a prison term for murder. However the confession did not bother the women at all. Moreover, one of them, forty-nine-year-old Valentina Goncharova, presented the recent convict religious pamphlets and even invited him to visit her at any time if he had questions about the Bible

The JW's love recruiting loonies, her own lack of common sense led to her death. The JW ranks are FILLED with the mentally unstable and unbalanced. I feel very sorry for the poor woman, but c'mon! The guy TOLD you he is a murderer??? And you're like 'Yeah thats cool, lets get together sometime and chat'

<sound of dan's hand slapping against his forehead in disbeleif.
    -Dan

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Very tragic. I am sure that this JW woman was sincere in her desire to “help” this man. The naiveté often found in JWs may have been a factor in her unfortunate demise.

My condolences to her husband and friends.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

One down. 6 million to go.

---------------------------------

I am in love with my hate
    I wear my pain like a shield of flame
    and I relish in your condemnation and fear
    and purify you in the heat of my hatred

• Kent
    Kent
    He had just been released from prison where he served a term for murder. The Muscovite had invited him to her home to talk about God and after the talk the monster attacked her in the chest with two pairs of knives and plundered the apartment.

Well, if you spit chewing tobacco against the wind, you have to expect to get freckles.

When anyone is as stupid as that - they really have no reasons for complaints.

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• sf
    sf

Hi Naeblis,

I like this here>> "I am in love with my hate
    I wear my pain like a shield of flame
    and I relish in your condemnation and fear
    and purify you in the heat of my hatred"

I truly resemble these words.

sKally

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Thank you

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Naive and/or stupid as it may have been for this JW woman to invite a convicted murderer into her home, she really didn't deserve that fate. Even more than that, though, her family and friends didn't deserve to lose her in such a horrible way.

But you know what's even worse? This awful incident will probably end up in a future Awake! as a sterling example of "remaining loyal to the end," complete with words of praise from the dead woman's family.

*Rochelle.

---------
    http://www.dreamsphere.net/ -- See it, live it, wear it.
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• think41self
    think41self

Sunchild,

My thoughts exactly. Shame on them if they do use it..but I wouldn't accept any bets on it. What a shame. This womans faith led her to believe that she was protected by angels in Jehovah's service, right? How many times have we seen THOSE stories in Awake magazines? Where was HER guardian angel? HUH? I'm sure the spin doctors in Crooklyn will come up with a plausible excuse..plausible to the poor brain washed ones.
    This story makes me sick. I am sorry for this woman and her family.

OK I'm not done yet, thought I was.
    What do you wanna bet they will do with this the same thing they did with the 1975 debacle? Put the blame right back on the woman. You will hear things like: "We have always cautioned brothers, and sisters especially, to use common sense and caution in the ministry".
    Meaning...this wasn't OUR fault...she should have known better.

But then you can find stories in the Awake and yearbooks of people going into extremely dangerous situations...intentionally!...to deliver literature or something. And again...some miracle(read Angels) protected these people. So why not her?

Tracy

• soylibre
    soylibre

That woman has got to be the stupidest individual I have ever heard of....I hate to say she deserved it...but I have to.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit