Grounds for divorce.

by Norm 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

The one that really pissed me off was if you and your husband or wife were separated because one or both of them committed adultery and then you came together one time for sex then you had to go back together. Where the heck did they find that rule in the bible? There is absolutely no biblical support for such a rule.

I knew of a sister who's husband was cheating on her. Well they did the tango and did go back briefly trying to make the marriage work. Well he became abusive even hitting her because he felt pressured to make the marriage work when all he wanted was out. Well then they could not divorce each other because they had slept together and the only way out after they separated again was for one or the other to commit adultery again. By the way the husband was publicly reproved not disfellowshipped.

Needless to say she went out and committed fornication to get rid of the hateful husband. She was disfellowshipped because of it and it all had to to do with their stupid rules in the first place.

She never went back to the JW's but he as stayed in it they both have remarried. All could have been avoided if the Society had just kept their nose out of the couples bedroom.

Balsam

• Carol
    Carol

Well the way I always read that scripture....only men can get scriptural divorces if their wiveshave sex with other men, it says nothing about a problem with the wive having sexual relationships with other women and men well they can do it with anyone or anything and it doesn't matter....because I've yet to read a scipture that gives grounds for women to divorce their husbands. So women are screwed no matter how you look at it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit