Pipe bomb at Bethel.

by Etude 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

My ex son in law was in Bethel around that time and he mentioned a bomb blast at one of the buildings.

He told me that when the police arrived he told them it smelled like dynamite. Since he knew what dynamite smelled like, the police started questioning him.

He got off the hook when he told them that he had worked with his father in Idaho when they blew the trunks and roots of trees out of the ground, they used dynamite.

He and his family were such a bunch of wierdos, I never knew what to believe.

Outoftheorg of the "could it have been him"?? guessing group.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

I remember that. Actually heard the thing explode. I was like wtf was that? Knew it was not a car backfiring and pretty sure it was not a gun...hand gun. Found out later that day it was a pipe bomb. As stated there was an article in the newspaper, I remember sending it to my family. Do not remember if there was any conclusion to the investigation.

On a side note that building had another incident of note. One morning as the workers arrive and open the windows there was a dead body behind building/alley way. Mob style execution.

• thom
    thom

gespro: I remember reading about that one (pipe bomb at the platform). Heard the same comment about "good thing he was reinstated first". The ones I remember first hand was a KH in Indianapolis getting broken into and having KKK slogans spray painted all over it. Another was a couple of kids (My father and I saw the kids leaving) that broke into a hall and pulled all the paperwork off the bulletin boards, and one other where some guy decided to use the KH parking lot to pipe his car exhaust into his car and kill himself. He wasn't a JW as far as anybody knew, just some guy that found a secluded place to die I guess.

• Etude
    Etude

That's great everyone. Many of you hit on the correct incident. I was just curious about this type of incident because it seems to take a bit more daring to attack the headquarters of the Organization and in that manner (I mean, as opposed to a prank by some kids). Wunce_wuz, obviously you were there at the same time I was. I guess I was a heavy sleeper and since I had lived in NY for many years, I was used to the sound of loud bangs and sirens. I also remember the one about the "dead body" but I didn't actually witness anything. I read some of the article you referenced and found a familiar name "Jerry Molohan". I wonder if he's still alive.

It should be no surprise that the neighborhood did not especially like the JWs. We weren't exactly friendly to them. In fact, as nice as that neighborhood was (is), it had to be one of the most hostile areas against the door-to-door work. The view at Bethel was that there were a bunch of "queers" (homosexuals) living there and the Society would not have anything to do with the preservation of the area. To them, the Brooklyn Heights Historical Society was practically the enemy. Anyway, with the way the Society was gobbling up real estate in that area and not paying taxes, it wasn't going to make many friends.

truthsetsonefree, now that you mention it I realize you're absolutely right about that door being the literature pick-up area. Damn it, I've repressed so much about those days, I need a kick in the head to bring it all back.

Etude.

• belbab
    belbab

The link below is a post I made some time ago. Since I wrote it, I have talked again to the ex-dub who told me and it is basically the same. It is about a kingdom hall that was levelled to the ground by the mafia.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/28426/364966/post.ashx#364966

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit