Society's position on illegal aliens

by sir82 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    Elders would love to utilize many publishers in this situation as many of them are very zelous in the preaching work.

If the elders would looooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee to use them, then why don't they? Why do the governing boobies have to be so legalistic about everything? What Bible principle are these two-faced liars basing this BS upon? Just another way to humiliate people by lording their authority over them while still using them to their advantage. Sickening.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I was aware of this a long time ago. I visited Spanish speaking halls with friends a couple of times and I got the sense that a good number of them were not quite legal. Some friends wanted to learn Spanish so they could work in those territories. Not for me.

I saw the handwriting on the wall and I had NO intention of working with, giving to or helping illegals in any way.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

Since I was going to a spanish congregation when I was a dub my experience with this is the same as of SwordofJah. We had quite a few members who were illegal in the states. The elders in our KH would encourage ones without their legal papers or passports to get them as soon as possible. Of course they still didn't have privileges in the hall until they would clear their legal status. But I remember the elders helping out on these types of situation. It wasn't such a taboo subject in the congregation, everybody knew who was a legal or illegal immigrant and tried to encourage the ones who weren't to get their situation rectified as soon as possible. I remember a time when other members helped a couple to get information on where and what they would need to do to get their visa's here.

• Redneck
    Redneck

"elders were instructed that they are not "policemen", not responsible for enforcing "Caesar's laws". So, if there are any illegal aliens in the congregation, elders do not report them to any authority."

Hmmmmmm thats what I have always heard them say too..Seems that they apply that to alot of illegal situations..

Alot if people forget that there ILLEGAL aliens..Key word ILLEGAL against the law,unlawful..A law abiding people they are then..Sets a good example for everyone..

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

What happed to the Watchtowers position that Jehovah's Witnesses are Law abiding ?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No religious organization would turn an undocumented person in, and they aren't obligated to do so. This is one of their few compassionate stands, and I'm not willing to criticize them for it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I associatted a bit with the spanish congregations. I knew that quite a few people baptized were illegal in their status. They couldn't serve, so I used to get alot of pressure to work on my spanish. No thanks. If the society stopped baptizing illegal aliens, the growth would go negative for sure.

One annoying this was that some JW's lied about their status, or had false papers and served anyways. I had one elder who apparentl;y gave me all of his brothers personal info when I hired him. I wondered why his wife would often call and refer to him by a different name. It was common for other brothers to change up their ss# on me for payroll. In the spanish hall alot was just overlooked

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The austrlaian court data base has lots of cases involving illegal aliens who claim to be Jehovahs witnesses and even have elders standing up for them to try and avoid deportation.

Oz

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Back in the 90's, a crooked attorney was sought out by JW's because she was supposed to be Wonder Woman. Basically, she filed a claim that they were persecuted for their religion seeking asylum. Every single JW that used her services was arrested and deported.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Illegal aliiens? What about those Europeans who came to America and stole the land from the Native Americans?

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit